Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New members

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Mister C

Mister C
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

There seems to be lots of new members joining at the moment!

Any numbers LPL as its great to see!

#2 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,799 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Indeed, welcome aboard!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#3 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

New blood is always welcome.

visit www.raygent.co.uk for football and rugby league stories. 

#4 danjambowman

danjambowman
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Just joined today! Based in windsor near London and encouraged that most people here know there is a world cup going on..

#5 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Just joined today! Based in windsor near London and encouraged that most people here know there is a world cup going on..

There's a world cup going on?

It's time to park the camels.

#6 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Welcome aboard :)

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#7 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,865 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

I just hope that these so-called new fans know all about 1895, broken time, The George, Dally M, the Rorke's Drift test, Vichy, 1973, the 5m rule, why crowd size is more important than the game, The Betrayal of Keighley, 3x8 and why Inverdale breaks the sweary filter.

Oh, and welcome ...

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#8 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

I just hope that these so-called new fans know all about 1895, broken time, The George, Dally M, the Rorke's Drift test, Vichy, 1973, the 5m rule, why crowd size is more important than the game, The Betrayal of Keighley, 3x8 and why Inverdale breaks the sweary filter.

Oh, and welcome ...

I am sure we will also be welcoming CANTEMAN'S new incarnation (welcome is the wrong word).

Great to see so many new members (a bit Finbar but hey ho).

#9 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

Oh, and welcome ...

Not forgetting that stormy skies are important, and that the Harry Sunderland trophy should be renamed.

#10 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

Oh, and welcome ...

Most of them do because they were here before.

Seriously though, a warm welcome to all of our new posters. I need to be careful with the hyperbole, but this is the sort of event that gives birth to a new generation of RL fans. I was always destined to be one, but the famous NZ-Tonga game at Wilderspool was the one that made me a RL fan for life. There'll have been a few thousand kids who had the same at the HJ last night.

I just hope the new rugby fans don't all sign up on here or on RLFans, because they'll soon be despairing at the 'traditional' supporters.

Edited by Just Browny, 28 October 2013 - 07:17 PM.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#11 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

If we can collectively encourage a single prospective fan to follow TGG in earnest our work will be done. Think of it as a family - I may disagree with every wrong headed notion that comes from Just Browny's fingers but I'd defend him against Stephen Jones to the death! Or set a Samoan on him, which would do the job just as well.

#12 wirecab

wirecab
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

New to the forum- but I was sneaking in to Wilderspool back in 1975- so not a johnny come lately but the RLWC has tipped me into signing up here.

On the subject of Inverdale I have through work got an order to be at Tw*&%ham on Saturday- I'll be cheering England on at the top of my voice- as I follow the news from Huddersfield on my mobile. I'm just hoping they'll stamp my passport to let me get back up the M6

#13 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

New to the forum- but I was sneaking in to Wilderspool back in 1975- so not a johnny come lately but the RLWC has tipped me into signing up here.

On the subject of Inverdale I have through work got an order to be at Tw*&%ham on Saturday- I'll be cheering England on at the top of my voice- as I follow the news from Huddersfield on my mobile. I'm just hoping they'll stamp my passport to let me get back up the M6

Prostitute. I bet you let them kiss you on the mouth.

#14 Eastmoorboy

Eastmoorboy
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

Long time lurker,inspired to register with the excitement of the event. First saw the 'Roos at Headingley in 1978 so have a reasonable RL pedigree. Glad to be on board.

#15 kosh2262

kosh2262
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

Brand new to TGG after becoming a Union convert some time ago. Ex pat Scot in leafy Berkshire. Brought to the fold by the promise of the RLWC and the Challenge Cup final down here this year.

Please be gentle when I ask stupid questions...
Malcolm Tucker: Fatty?
Jamie: Oh, aye, Fatty, wee Spiderman in his ###### pyjamas, what a ###### idea. From now on it's a proper fight; It's a pomp-fight, Motherwell rules. And Tom is gonna get a pint glass in his ###### eye and a pool cue up his ###### and another pool cue in his other ###### eye.
Malcolm Tucker: Geoff Holhurst?
Jamie: What, Mister Baby New Potato-Head? ###### off.

#16 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

There seems to be lots of new members joining at the moment!

Any numbers LPL as its great to see!

Pointed out last week that this site was the place to be for World Cup Info.

#17 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

Can someone put up a cheesy Facebook style photo about there being no strangers here, just friends we haven't met yet? :D

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#18 Mister C

Mister C
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Can someone put up a cheesy Facebook style photo about there being no strangers here, just friends we haven't met yet? :D

u ok hun?

:D

#19 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,370 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

Not forgetting that stormy skies are important, and that the Harry Sunderland trophy should be renamed.

Or that London have received 84 zillion quid off the RFL but Huyton were left to die :angry:

#20 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Brand new to TGG after becoming a Union convert some time ago. Ex pat Scot in leafy Berkshire. Brought to the fold by the promise of the RLWC and the Challenge Cup final down here this year.

Don't worry you will start to feel more at ease when you so some of comments posts and questions by some of US old ;) ies

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users