Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New members

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

There seems to be lots of new members joining at the moment!

Any numbers LPL as its great to see!

It's hardly surprising as the registration details have been changed. Before you needed a "paid for" email account, I don't think you need that anymore, release the TROLLS

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#22 brooza

brooza
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

It's hardly surprising as the registration details have been changed. Before you needed a "paid for" email account, I don't think you need that anymore, release the TROLLS

It's been like that for a while. I registered with a free account

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#23 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,492 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

We quietly dropped that condition aaaages ago, as we now have other means at our disposal of dealing with trolls that are less likely to deter genuine new members from joining up on here.

Plus, we've been proactively advertising the existence of TotalRL.com in League Express and Rugby League World since the site was relaunched in mid-October, which will hopefully have helped raise awareness and attracted a few new members to come on board. The World Cup is also generating a ton of extra interest in the game and a LOT of extra traffic on here, which just goes to show the power and importance of international Rugby League.

To all our new members so far, welcome aboard. Tell your friends to join too, the more the merrier!

For the record, we're also pretty sanguine about people who have previously been banned on here from rejoining, so long as they make a concerted effort to abide by the rules when they come back. Quite a few have done just that. We like to give just about everyone a fair second chance, but we're also quite adept at spotting and despatching those who come back on here and just want to cause more trouble. ;)

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#24 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,630 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

We are missing quite a few from years ago who achieved legendary status among other things.Maybe some of the newbies can do the same
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#25 hoff

hoff
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

I lurked here for about a year before posting for the first time as I was new to the sport. When I did pluck up the courage to post for the first time I remember deluded pom or possibly lobby gobbler replying with "welcome to the forum", I felt like I had just been spoken to by a celebrity :)

Edited by hoff, 29 October 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#26 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

We quietly dropped that condition aaaages ago, as we now have other means at our disposal of dealing with trolls that are less likely to deter genuine new members from joining up on here.

Plus, we've been proactively advertising the existence of TotalRL.com in League Express and Rugby League World since the site was relaunched in mid-October, which will hopefully have helped raise awareness and attracted a few new members to come on board. The World Cup is also generating a ton of extra interest in the game and a LOT of extra traffic on here, which just goes to show the power and importance of international Rugby League.

To all our new members so far, welcome aboard. Tell your friends to join too, the more the merrier!

For the record, we're also pretty sanguine about people who have previously been banned on here from rejoining, so long as they make a concerted effort to abide by the rules when they come back. Quite a few have done just that. We like to give just about everyone a fair second chance, but we're also quite adept at spotting and despatching those who come back on here and just want to cause more trouble. ;)

Does that include my favourite posters League Freak and Albert Rosenfeld/Paris Surtout?

#27 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

Dally - Homer - Wendall - (fingers crossed) Canetman - gone but not forgotten.

#28 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

I just hope that these so-called new fans know all about 1895, broken time, The George, Dally M, the Rorke's Drift test, Vichy, 1973, the 5m rule, why crowd size is more important than the game, The Betrayal of Keighley, 3x8 and why Inverdale breaks the sweary filter.

Oh, and welcome ...

not forgetting that being positive and up-beat is only on ration, that is only during the RLWC, then its back to our normal grumpy negative soul...

#29 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,630 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

Dally - Homer - Wendall - (fingers crossed) Canetman - gone but not forgotten.

Northen Exposure?
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#30 rosypearl

rosypearl
  • Facebook
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

Im a freshie to this site but was hoping someone would know which stand the Aussie fans will be in for the match against Fiji on Saturday??

#31 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

I swear that I saw Canetman lurking earlier.

#32 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

Northen exposure was the best. Didn't even try to be subtle.
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

#33 mt smart

mt smart
  • Coach
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:54 AM

Just found the site.

Life long Rugby league supporter from a New Zealand Rugby League family. A lot has happened to the game in my time , the most worrying for us all is the seperation of the fans between Norhtern and Southern Hemisphere supporters ( we don't get live ESL games here ).

Like a lot of Kiwis I grew up following Wigan ( eighties / nineties ) before the advent of my current club the NZ Warriors. Sam Tomkins signing has sparked massive interest here in the Norhern Secne and the Rugby league World cup couldn't have come along at a better time for the New Zealand Rugby league scene and I'm sure for so many countries.

International rugby league is superiror to any of the other forms of the game including state of Origin  / Grand Final competitions etc.

It's fantastic that the World cup has come along just in time to breath some life into the game , and I'm sure we will see changes come after the success of this tournament within the Rugby league global fraternity.

#34 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,630 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:31 AM

Northen exposure was the best. Didn't even try to be subtle.

Homer was good,but N E could wind him up

The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#35 hoff

hoff
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

What happened to canetman? I used to enjoy his input

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users