Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Warrington Wolves flying high with new Emirates sponsorship

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Walter

Walter
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

Warrington Wolves will be hoping to continue flyng high for the immediate future with a four year sponsorship deal with Emirates airlines; absolutely brilliant deal for the club and for rugby league

http://www.warringto...ponsorship-6648

Edited by Walter, 29 October 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#2 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

great name to have associated with the game. Good work Warrington. The blue kit, combined with White shorts would be a classic RL kit!

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#3 Walter

Walter
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

The new kits both look superb:

http://www.warringto...has-landed-6647

#4 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,244 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

The new kits both look superb:

http://www.warringto...has-landed-6647

Blinkin' 'eck, they're good.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#5 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,081 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

Wow - this has been in the pipeline for over 12 months. Last year Broomhead said they were close to finalising a deal with a global partner. This was apparently delayed and we ended up with a local partner (Brooksons as a temporary sponsor).

The blue kit is beautiful!

#6 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 928 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

Great sponsor, fantastic kits as well. Anyone know how much this deal is worth though - that's ultimately the most important factor!

#7 mattsay

mattsay
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

This is fantastic news for Warrington and for the game in general.  Really positive sign of faith in the game that a global giant like Emirates want to get involved.

And the blue kit is brilliant.  Hope they make it in a loose fit...;)

#8 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

Shame we couldn't get the on board for the SL or even the WC itself

#9 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Outstanding sponsor and brilliant kits - well done Wire

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#10 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

Brilliant news. Exactly the sort of sponsor we need in the game, hearty congratulations to Gatcliffe et al; let's hope this opens the door to other big name sponsors coming into the game.

Then there's the kits, both look like proper Wire kits. My only complaint is that I can't decide which one to get.

#11 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

fair play....top sponsor and decent home shirt....

#12 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

Brilliant news. Exactly the sort of sponsor we need in the game, hearty congratulations to Gatcliffe et al; let's hope this opens the door to other big name sponsors coming into the game.

Then there's the kits, both look like proper Wire kits. My only complaint is that I can't decide which one to get.

I reckon there will be competitions in League Express to win one, enter that thousands of times...

(Just bung them all in one envelope!)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#13 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

Brilliant deal and the kits are very nice too, I like the white one.

It's time to park the camels.

SQL 2014 League Leader

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

As for the kits, they're ok IMO. I think I was expecting more, so the simplification underwhelmed me a little. The away one looks very retro (I'm sure someone will tell me which year it pays homage to) but I always think the yellow looks a little washed out next to the white, as it did on the 2012 home shirt. The home shirt looks very "Australian" in style. And I don't just mean change the blue to green and it's similar to the national side.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 GaryO

GaryO
  • Coach
  • 427 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Leigh had the Emirates as sponsors a few years ago, unfortunately it didn't last to long. If I recall on of the top executives - UK or otherwise - hails from Leigh. 

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

#16 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

The blue shirt looks rather "Swinton Lions' to me!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#17 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,244 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

The blue shirt looks rather "Swinton Lions' to me!

Swinton wouldn't be so gauche as to go off-white for their V.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#18 Garvers

Garvers
  • Coach
  • 485 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Rugby league has become immune to taste. 

The last half-decent Warrington shirts were the Canterbury home and away in 2007. 

#19 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Well done Wolves. Any tips on how to do it ,for others looking for sponsers

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#20 mattsay

mattsay
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

As for the kits, they're ok IMO. I think I was expecting more, so the simplification underwhelmed me a little. The away one looks very retro (I'm sure someone will tell me which year it pays homage to) but I always think the yellow looks a little washed out next to the white, as it did on the 2012 home shirt. The home shirt looks very "Australian" in style. And I don't just mean change the blue to green and it's similar to the national side.

The white (away) kit is the same as the late 80s home kit. 1986/87 among other years as memory serves.  Also the 'yellow' may look 'washed out' as it is in fact primrose.  As in 'primrose and blue'.  :)