Photo
- - - - -

02/11/13: World Cup Match 9 - England v Ireland (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. England by 13 points or more (49 votes [89.09%])

Percentage of vote: 89.09%

2. England by 7 to 12 points (3 votes [5.45%])

Percentage of vote: 5.45%

3. England by 1 to 6 points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Ireland by 1 to 6 points (1 votes [1.82%])

Percentage of vote: 1.82%

6. Ireland by 7 to 12 points (1 votes [1.82%])

7. Ireland by 13 points or more (1 votes [1.82%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#301 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

I've also merged the thread about Steve McNamara's post match team talk after this game into this, the main match thread.

So, when folk talk about the OP - I'm taking it they don't mean "Discuss the game here". 

What was the OP to which they refer ?  Just to make sense of it all, like.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#302 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,047 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

Just back form the game and for me this game did everything it needed to do.

Most encouragingly the support from people around me who had never been to an RL game before and cheered every try as if we had won the world cup. This is exactly what has kept Union crowds massive for so long. Sure they didn't fully understand the rules but they were there to support our national side. They saw 8 tries, a great atmosphere from a "full house" and came away seeing their national team win 42-0

Job Done and well done England

A cracking afternoon. Bar staff seemed to struggle a little with the numbers of people (maybe pre-pouring a few would have been an idea?) but that's a minor quibble. The atmosphere around the stadium was fantastic in spite of the squally weather (luckily the worst of it came later in the evening) and it really felt like an event. Delighted I made the hike up the M1 for this one.

For me the experience was similar. And the same for the other games that I have had the pleasure of attending so far in this World Cup. I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them. On each occasion there have been plenty of people new to the sport around us who, judging by their reactions, enjoyed the games and the occasion immensely. This, for me, is the true measure of this World Cup's success. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#303 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

http://m.nrl.com/new...r-ratings/75254

Some interesting player ratings from the NRL pundits...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users