Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

03/11/13: World Cup Match 12 - Scotland v Italy

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Scotland by 13 points or more (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

2. Scotland by 7 to 12 points (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Scotland by 1 to 6 points (8 votes [29.63%])

Percentage of vote: 29.63%

4. Draw (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

5. Italy by 1 to 6 points (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

6. Italy by 7 to 12 points (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

7. Italy by 13 points or more (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

Discuss World Cup Match 12 - Scotland v Italy here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,865 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Italy will win by a lot.

Has Wellsy been around to advise what's being done about the kit clash?

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

Scotland to burst Italy's bubble.  Come on Bravehearts.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 danjambowman

danjambowman
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Going to be interesting to see how Danny B performs here and whether S Mac made a mistake leaving him out..

#5 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 991 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

Going to be interesting to see how Danny B performs here and whether S Mac made a mistake leaving him out..

S Mac has picked him, surely?! ;)

#6 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

Got to say Keith, Workington ( Town and town) have done a fabulous job on these matches, just hope the news reTata doesn't hit any walk up
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Got to say Keith, Workington ( Town and town) have done a fabulous job on these matches, just hope the news reTata doesn't hit any walk up

Yes, it is bad news tonight with the loss of 90 jobs but knowing the area it won't stop many from going if they have made their minds up. Anticipated crowd tonight of around 7,500 and same again on Sunday for the Italy game.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

Just said on the Wales v USA thread about the short turnaround for USA. Same here for Scotland who will play Tuesday then Sunday, as opposed to Italy, who like Wales, will have had 8 days. Looking at it like that and the quality Italy have, I think Scotland will be hard pushed to get a win. I'm sure we'll have a better idea on things when Scotland play tonight.

Edited by YCKonstantine, 29 October 2013 - 05:44 PM.

It's time to park the camels.

#9 Human Punk

Human Punk
  • Coach
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

Looks like it will be a close one, and after last night Scotland will have no fear, but I reckon the short turnaround will be enough to make the difference in Italy's favour. Hope not though - come on Scotland!

#10 mt smart

mt smart
  • Coach
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

Tonga could have taken a lot out of Scotland , but to me they looked like they could have played another twenty minutes , not too concerned abut the short turn around , Scotland look tremendously fit.

You'd think they will have a light few days with recovery and non contact being the order of the day.

Itlay will test them tacticaly. If Scotland win this they deserve to represent the pool in the quarter fnials no question , and they will go in best prepared of the minnows.

Fiji have tough competition , but a beating by Aussie and England won't fo them any favors in terms of prep.

Samoa on the other hand,  they are beat up, their hooker Pita Godinet tweeted after that game ' My body is smashed '

PNG could be a chance over a bruised Samoa.....and they will Bruise Samoa with interest. I could see Scotland playing an epic game against a contact shy NZ who would have also been banged around in the PNG higlanders unique manner....... in the quarters....all things falling Scotlands way.......they could make History.

They're far from being rubbish , really impressed with the work ethic of their forward pack.

Edited by mt smart, 30 October 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#11 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Scotland are a clever, well coached team, with a wonderful work ethic."Italy" are clearly a talented side, but in Henderson, Brough and Wallace Scotland have a brains trust to beat them. Another sell out would be nice.

#12 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,786 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Italy get to Old Trafford! 

Edited by Futtocks, 30 October 2013 - 01:44 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#13 Greg C

Greg C
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

Does anyone know if there is a pub in Edinburgh showing this game?

#14 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

has there been that much media coverage in bonny scotland?

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#15 Greg C

Greg C
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

@IM2 We have been getting the BBC coverage but not too much about it in the newspapers unfortunately. Another good result against Italy may get more coverage in the press however.

#16 L Bow

L Bow
  • Coach
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

I'm almost sorry that I decided to go to Wrexham over this game they way results have turned out.

Would love to see Scotland win but the extra days rest me count against them.  Hopefully they can keep it close if they can't manage a win because I could see all the teams in this group potentially finishing on 2 wins each now.

#17 Worky

Worky
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

I've seen Keighley v Workington at the Globe Bar on Niddrie Street and England v Australia at the Cask and Barrel in Broughton. 

Its worth giving them a ring to see if they'll show the game but there is no guarantee as football is always the priority (the Cask and Barrel switched over after 15 minutes of the Welsh match). 

Theres another Aussie Backpacker bar called Belushis on Market Street. I've never seen a game there but they were showing the England v Austrialia match according the Match Pint website. 

#18 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

dont rileys bars show prem sports? They will be worth a shot.

#19 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

Dont suppose the RFL went North of the border to publicise the fact that it was on Premier Sports and tell various pubs in the COUNTRY , never mind Edinburgh

Posted Image

#20 Greg C

Greg C
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

Don't think the RFL have done well promoting the coverage on Premier Sports at all. I had heard the Globe was showing matches, tried to phone them a couple of times last night but never got an answer.

Will give Rileys a call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users