Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

03/11/13: World Cup Match 12 - Scotland v Italy

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Scotland by 13 points or more (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

2. Scotland by 7 to 12 points (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Scotland by 1 to 6 points (8 votes [29.63%])

Percentage of vote: 29.63%

4. Draw (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

5. Italy by 1 to 6 points (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

6. Italy by 7 to 12 points (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

7. Italy by 13 points or more (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Greg C

Greg C
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Been on the Globes facebook page, they post daily the live sport they are showing.

#22 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,086 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

We watched the Scotland game the other day in the Globe - they have it on with commentary on 4 screens - they use one area for the RLWC and are showing every game.

Well worth watching the games there is in Edinburgh

Edit: just to add - this was on live despite Arsenal v Chelsea also on the big screens, so football shouldn't affect the RLWC.

Edited by Dave T, 01 November 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#23 robins up north

robins up north
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

has there been that much media coverage in bonny scotland?

Coverage has been poor up here from what are reckoned to be the main papers. The Scottish Sun and Daily Record. Glasgow Herald has suprisingly provided excellent reports. Scottish Daily Mail put us in with the rah rahs stating a few of the Scotland team could switch!

#24 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,086 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

Looks like ticket sales have really picked up for this.

The only remaining stand had sold only 220 tickets on Weds, now it sits at over 1k.

Would be awesome if this could sell out.

#25 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

Looks like ticket sales have really picked up for this.

The only remaining stand had sold only 220 tickets on Weds, now it sits at over 1k.
Would be awesome if this could sell out.

That stand is a terrace DaveT and today the club have announced that there will be no walk up tickets available so it looks like a larger crowd than on Tuesday. All the seats were sold a few weeks ago.

http://www.townrlfc....le.php?id=12383

Edited by Keith T, 01 November 2013 - 12:45 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#26 Greg C

Greg C
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

Thanks Dave, will be there sunday to watch the game.

Great news about the ticket sales. a bit dissapointed we didn't get one game on home soil like France, Wales and Ireland, but a big thank you goes  to Workington and the towns people for their brilliant support.

#27 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,086 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

That stand is a terrace DaveT and today the club have announced that there will be no walk up tickets available so it looks like a larger crowd than on Tuesday. All the seats were sold a few weeks ago.

http://www.townrlfc....le.php?id=12383

yeah, I'm stood in that end. Was worried a few weeks back as they had only sold around 40 tickets for that end, I messed up when I ordered!

#28 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,086 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

Thanks Dave, will be there sunday to watch the game.

Great news about the ticket sales. a bit dissapointed we didn't get one game on home soil like France, Wales and Ireland, but a big thank you goes  to Workington and the towns people for their brilliant support.

I'm heading down to Workington on Sunday, but will probably be in there next Thursday for the USA game. The barmaid is an Aussie who is really into her RL so that helps!

#29 Greg C

Greg C
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

I'm heading down to Workington on Sunday, but will probably be in there next Thursday for the USA game. The barmaid is an Aussie who is really into her RL so that helps!

We wanted to go to this game but there was no train service that I could see on a Sunday to Workington.

#30 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,086 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

We wanted to go to this game but there was no train service that I could see on a Sunday to Workington.

nah, it's a right pain - had to hire a car, even driving it is 3 hours each way!

#31 Greg C

Greg C
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Wish I had found this Forum sooner

#32 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

trains dont run in cumbria on a sunday! Stupid eh

#33 Greg C

Greg C
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

trains dont run in cumbria on a sunday! Stupid eh

Crazy

#34 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

Network Rail decided to do some maintenance work on the Carlisle - Barrow line on Sunday and cancelled all the trains.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#35 Greg C

Greg C
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

I did think it was a bit strange there wasn't a Sunday service.

#36 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Radio Cumbria tonight reported less thsn 1000 tickets available, so it looks like at least 8,700, and as Keith has posted the club expect the game to sell out

#37 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

Radio Cumbria tonight reported less thsn 1000 tickets available, so it looks like at least 8,700, and as Keith has posted the club expect the game to sell out

Amazing effort but thought the last game was a sell out and got 7.5k ?

#38 The Game Caller

The Game Caller
  • Facebook
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

Really looking forward to covering this game later today.

The four plus hour journey on Tuesday/Wednesday was certainly worth it.

What a ripper of a game.

#39 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

Amazing effort but thought the last game was a sell out and got 7.5k ?

It wasnt a sell out.

#40 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

Hard to call, this one. Italy looked very good at times against Wales but they also looked vulnerable. A lot will depend on how Scotland have recovered but if they put in a performance like the one against Tonga then they've a chance.

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."