Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

League Express Rugby League Yearbook 2013-2014

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

ybk2013-14_200.jpg

The 18th annual edition of the Rugby League Yearbook published by League Express covers the 2013 season and features chapters on the Super League, Kingstone Press Championships and the Tetley’s Challenge Cup plus a review of the Australian season, with hundreds of illustrations.

Due for publication mid November. Reserve your copy now in the TotalRL.com Shop at the strictly time limited discount price of £14.99 inc free UK delivery. Offer ends 11th November!

Edited by League Express, 29 October 2013 - 03:12 PM.

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,974 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

Not Gillette anymore? Hmm.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

Apologies if anyone has had problems ordering this item online. There was an error in the shipping cost calculator. Now fixed.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#4 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:37 AM

Due for publication mid November.

Erm, anyone else find this a bit weird?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#5 paulalmanack

paulalmanack
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

Looking forward to my copy of yearbook arriving, now I know that there must be a reason for the mid November release, but as its a review of the year and the biggest even of year doesn't end till end of month wouldn't it be wiser to release it in December so a more rounded complete finale could be included?

#6 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

The Yearbook will be out mid-November as we had to take a conscious decision not to include the World Cup in it, to avoid missing a pre-Christmas publication slot. Pre-Christmas is when the vast majority of our Yearbook sales (probably the vast majority of any book's sales) are made and as a publisher you just cannot afford to let that slot go.

Given that the World Cup Final is not until 30th November, it would have been logistically impossible for us to cover the tournament in the required detail for the Yearbook (writing, subbing, proofing, printing, distributing) and get the Yearbook on sale before the end of the year.

As we also publish the definitive 'History of the Rugby League World Cup' book, which originally came out in 2000, covering the whole history of the tournament from 1954, and it was revised, updated and republished later to include the 2008 tournament, there's a chance (though not, at this stage, a promise) that title will be updated again next year to include the 2013 tournament if there is sufficient demand.

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#7 paulalmanack

paulalmanack
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

Any word on when the 1st batch of Yearbooks will be posted out please?.... Its just that I'll have to ask the better half to be around for postie! And she likes a bit of an heads up on planning.

#8 Joe Whitley

Joe Whitley
  • Admin
  • 303 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

Any word on when the 1st batch of Yearbooks will be posted out please?.... Its just that I'll have to ask the better half to be around for postie! And she likes a bit of an heads up on planning.

There is no date set in stone yet due to the sheer volume of orders but I will look into this for you.

TotalRL.com Editor
Email: joe.whitley@totalrl.com
Direct line: +44 (0) 1484 404 921

#9 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

The last one I bought was 2002-03. If it included amateur leagues and round by round results from major amateur cup competitions I would buy it. The BARLA handbook has not carried the results of the previous season since 1995-96. Good job I collect my own as they come in each week since 1987. Seems nobody really cares about where the Super league players come from?

#10 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

Yearbook advance orders are due to be mailed out on Monday next week (2nd Dec) by 2nd class post. Please allow 3-5 working days for delivery.

If you haven't ordered a copy yet, pay a visit to the TotalRL.com Shop

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#11 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

Not Gillette anymore? Hmm.

Too many paper cuts.