Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Help Required Please 1976/77 No.6 Trophy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

I was at the Player's No.6 Trophy game at Saints who led 18-3 at half time (in the days of 3 points for a try).
After a stunning 2nd half comeback Cas won 22-18.
It was televised on BBC but ever since I've searched for a match report or highlights on you tube. Can anyone help please?
At that time it was the biggest game I had attended live. Cas went on to win the trophy but it was that game that stood out.
I remember some very unhappy Saints fans causing trouble after the game which was scary stuff - it wasn't always the good old days...

Thanks - I would really appreciate any info

#2 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Contact Sadfish at rlfans or post your query on RedVee. There is a lot of heritage work been put together and if it exists they'll know
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#3 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

I was at the Player's No.6 Trophy game at Saints who led 18-3 at half time (in the days of 3 points for a try).
After a stunning 2nd half comeback Cas won 22-18.
It was televised on BBC but ever since I've searched for a match report or highlights on you tube. Can anyone help please?
At that time it was the biggest game I had attended live. Cas went on to win the trophy but it was that game that stood out.
I remember some very unhappy Saints fans causing trouble after the game which was scary stuff - it wasn't always the good old days...

Thanks - I would really appreciate any info

Check the local papers for a match report. The St Helens and Cas libraries will probably have these on microfilm and allow you to print it off from there. Cas's local archives might be in Ponte, so check that library.

Edited by Mistress_Marlowe, 29 October 2013 - 10:50 PM.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#4 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 747 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

Thank you both for replying. Appreciate it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users