Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Is Tulsen Tollet the ONLY ex RL player EVER to read the Sports News on BBC TV

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

I was watchin the BBC News one early morning over the weekend and who should be sat there reading the sporst news for over 10 mins, nobody other than Tulsen Tollet. After 5 mis of Soccer and lots of pics of the goals and interviews we had American Football pictures, followed by American Ice hockety pictures, followed by American Baseball fixtures and pictures , followed by Tennis pictures and interviews, ( they may have had the Aphgan tiddlywinks Championships as well i think ) and then with just 15 seconds of his bulletin left he said , Oh and N Zealand beat Samoa tonight in the RL World Cup. From memory he never gave a score and never even mentioned the PNG v France game at all .......  I know he has to read what he is presented with , but come on Tulsen can you not give those ponses at the BBC a nudge . . . .  To get to my point, I can not remember ANY ex RL player even locally never mind nationally or on the world news being given an oppertunity to read any sports news results/stories ....... Can anyone else ??? . . . Its obviously because of the accent of most of the ex players in the past . .  so I assume that the reason Tulsen got the job was because he does not have an accent ( or much of one , deffinately aussie , but not too broad even for an aussie )  

Posted Image

#2 SteveT

SteveT
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

I was watchin the BBC News one early morning over the weekend and who should be sat there reading the sporst news for over 10 mins, nobody other than Tulsen Tollet. After 5 mis of Soccer and lots of pics of the goals and interviews we had American Football pictures, followed by American Ice hockety pictures, followed by American Baseball fixtures and pictures , followed by Tennis pictures and interviews, ( they may have had the Aphgan tiddlywinks Championships as well i think ) and then with just 15 seconds of his bulletin left he said , Oh and N Zealand beat Samoa tonight in the RL World Cup. From memory he never gave a score and never even mentioned the PNG v France game at all .......  I know he has to read what he is presented with , but come on Tulsen can you not give those ponses at the BBC a nudge . . . .  To get to my point, I can not remember ANY ex RL player even locally never mind nationally or on the world news being given an oppertunity to read any sports news results/stories ....... Can anyone else ??? . . . Its obviously because of the accent of most of the ex players in the past . .  so I assume that the reason Tulsen got the job was because he does not have an accent ( or much of one , deffinately aussie , but not too broad even for an aussie )  

He presents Sport Today pretty much every week day morning on BBC World News. RLWC got a few mentions and features in the week leading up to the opening but its been slim pickings since the weekend.

#3 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

Not RL exactly, but I once played in a RU game against Sheffield Tigers. Damian Johnson, the BBC RL touchline reporter, turned out for the Tigers and was a really good player. He regularly used to read the local news on Look North.

Edited by Wolford6, 30 October 2013 - 12:53 PM.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#4 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

Looking forward to hearing the sports news read out by Mark Aston.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#5 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

Looking forward to hearing the sports news read out by Mark Aston.

or the football results by paul sculthorpe

everton 1 "you know" Liverpool 1 "you know"

sunderland 0 "you know Southampton 1 "you know"

Chelsea 3 "you know" arsenal 2 "you know"

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users