Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Is it just me....

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 RS

RS
  • Coach
  • 607 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

my fiancee has enjoyed RL since I introduced her to the sport, but she has now become a little obsessed. She ranks the NZ v Samoa as her favourite sporting experience of her life.

She was also delighted about last night's match and result and is spending more time tweeting, retweeting and reading about it than me!

You do realise its now going to cost you twice as much to get in

#22 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Sorry to interrupt, but I am looking for the TRL forums. Everything looks familiar but with this positivity I am sure I have come to the wrong place...?

If somebody could point me in the right direction I will be on my way.....

I like it. This World Cup is superb. I was at Cardiff last Saturday and will be heading to Wrexham next. For years I have suffered ridicule from Rugby Union fans.  Now the pendulum is swinging the other way.

#23 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

Like everyone else on here I've loved it.  Loved every minute of it. Went to Cardiff for the opening and got the opportunity (quite by accident) to chat to Nobby & Stevo! Got tickets for Aus v Fiji, England v ireland, Wales v USA and the final.... and hoping to get in a couple more games as well. I was fortunate enough to get to some of the Olympics / Paralympics last year and this is definitely on a par with that in the excitement stakes.

Only downside is I can't get to Wembley for the semis as I have a 16th birthday party to arrange / supervise / stop turning into world war 3!!

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#24 XIII

XIII
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

Thank goodness I am a Virgin customer and will not miss a game (unavoidable self concieted grin) [/size]eusa_whistle.gif

Any sky sports customer who wouldn't pay to have premier for this month for £10 needs their head testing!

#25 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 747 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

I'm starting to feel like a little kid at Easter who's eaten too much chocolate at one sitting. Except there are still dozens of eggs to go through.

I can't wait to make my first game on Saturday, feels like I've been waiting a lifetime while everyone else has all the fun.

Well said JB. I've loved it for a lifetime and that won't change. Suffolk is not a hot bed for RL but I'm hearing people talk about the tournament in a really positive way.

As others are stating, for our game to fulfill it's massive potential the international theatre has to lead the way. What's been on show so far will go a long way to making that happen.

The prospect of Eng v NZ is a massive game - I am herding the Suffolk faithful and the ex pat Northeners as we speak - let's get it on.....!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users