Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Superleague and nrl need to expand rl outside the heartlands..

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Love this game

Love this game
  • Facebook
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

After watching this years world cup.. The only reasoan why nz is so good is due to the auckland warriors being in the nrl.. Imagine if league bosses had the ballz.. To go outside the heartlands and try growing the game in italy, france and wales..

#2 Love this game

Love this game
  • Facebook
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

Forgive me if my typing.. Looks like im txting. Cause i am.. But this the only way im able.. To express my views on the internet..

#3 Love this game

Love this game
  • Facebook
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

Anyway.. Heres some ideas in my head.. Superleague.. Copys the nrl format of 16 teams.. 5 in yorkshire, 5 in lanchasire. 2 in scotland.. 2 in france and 2 in italy.. Have a under 20 compition.. And a world club league knockout compition.. Mid year.. With 16 nrl clubs vs 16 super league clubs.. And 3 test series.. Yearly.. Soctland vs england. France vs italy.. And let this run for 4 years.. Till the next world cup.

#4 Love this game

Love this game
  • Facebook
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

My last post.. Is the nrl.. Should get rid of two.. Sydney clubs and bring in.. A pacific lions club.. And a nz team.. Like wellington lions.. The pacific lions team.. Is a combine islands of fiji, tonga, samoa and p.p.n.g. Trust me.. With a population of over 7 million islanders.. The jonah lomus, lote tuqiris and anesi tuilagis will be so many.. Clubs in italy, france and soctland.. Even in 3 years time.. Be competive.. Due to a lot of untapped pacific talent cannot like auckland warriors.. Stay in one club.. Thanks for reading..

#5 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

And who is going to pay for all this ??? ........LOL . . . . YOU .......... ha haha

Posted Image

#6 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,289 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Everyone knows that the RFL have millions of pounds sitting around in a desk drawer at Red Hall just waiting for someone to come along with a scheme like this. Nobody has ever thought before teams outside the M62 might be a good idea.

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,766 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

The structures proposed above are airborne steak and kidney in a crisp pastry crust.

BUT... the money generated by the RWC must go towards international development, not into the clubs' pockets. I think we can all agree on that. And anyway the clubs will all benefit from the new talent coming into the game if Rugby League strengthens the smaller nations and expands into new ones. 

NZ Warriors helped the Kiwis a bit, but it was the sheer number of NZ-qualified players coming into ALL the Australian clubs gave it critical mass and led to the World Cup triumph. Some NRL people are now looking at Fiji and Tonga and the riches they can unearth there.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#8 Winslade

Winslade
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

Do we actually know where any WC profit goes ? All to the RLIF ?, some split between the participating nations ?

Even allowing for the discounted tickets, we must be on for a decent profit this time surely.

#9 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 587 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

Sort the structure out, and get a rich Toulouse in for starters.