TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Scotland game and Ben Hellewell

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Not sure if anyone caught the Tonga v Scotland game.

If you did, how do you think Ben Hellewell played?

I think he might get a fair bit of game time in a Fev shirt this year.

Edited by The Grinder, 30 October 2013 - 12:41 PM.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#2 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 260 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Did what he had to do IMO. Nothing outstanding. Although coming away with a well deserved victory, there were some performances which were rather disappointing.  Broughs in play kicking and distribution was poor at times. Mitch Stringer did not punch his usual weight.

#3 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Did what he had to do IMO. Nothing outstanding. Although coming away with a well deserved victory, there were some performances which were rather disappointing.  Broughs in play kicking and distribution was poor at times. Mitch Stringer did not punch his usual weight.

Thought Hellewell and Stringer played well against a big Tongan pack (as did the other Scotland forwards). Brough was patchy, but worked incredibly hard. His goal kicking, and Ashley Klein were the differences between the two sides.

#4 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

been told ben has left rovers and signed for someone else nothing offical yet tho but don't be surprized if true personally i think it's a mistake on rovers part

#5 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Glad Scots won but if Tonga had been Fev I would have felt cheated;

#6 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

Don't know if he has left . He was described on the broadcast as a Fev player toight and had a good solid game, scored two tries, tackled and back up well. A big fast player. I hope he stays.

#7 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

Went to the England v Ireland game at Huddersfield. James Mendeika didn't do too badly, but no Irish player had a chance to shine. He looks much smaller in stature than I imagined though. Don't know what anyone else thought?

#8 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

Hellewell had chances last season and didnt take them hence why he went out on loan, has played his way back into the reckoning as has by far been the best fev player at the WC so far - he will get an opportunity in pre season but cant see either him or mendieka getting in in front of worthington or uaisele (uaisele to play in centres for me, sharp n saxton on wings and hardman has the fullback spot sewn up) when the season starts

Edited by elppaxr2i, 04 November 2013 - 11:32 AM.

#9 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

Went to the England v Ireland game at Huddersfield. James Mendeika didn't do too badly, but no Irish player had a chance to shine. He looks much smaller in stature than I imagined though. Don't know what anyone else thought?

Mendeika's a halfback. Imho.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#10 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

Hellewell had chances last season and didnt take them hence why he went out on loan, has played his way back into the reckoning as has by far been the best fev player at the WC so far - he will get an opportunity in pre season but cant see either him or mendieka getting in in front of worthington or uaisele (uaisele to play in centres for me, sharp n saxton on wings and hardman has the fullback spot sewn up) when the season starts

I think you will be wrong with the wingers unfortunately although I do agree that Saxton and Sharp should be first choice but where not the coach

#11 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hellewell had a pretty decent game. His second match and looked to have gained a bit of confidence. If he keeps showing like this, I would fancy him at centre for this season.

#12 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

Great to see Workington with plenty there. World Cup or starved of winter rugby?
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#13 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hellewell another good solid game. Runs it in well and decent defence. IMO now pushing for for Hepworths position, thats if Hellewell is still with us..

#14 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

I doubt he will be with us next season. It'll come art in t'wesh!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#15 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 260 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

Cannot fully understand some situations, Robin. Bringing in players, in some circumstances, of unknown quality whilst on the other hand discarding players on our doorstep who are beginning to show real promise.

#16 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Difficult to see how ben is going to shift greg or the tongan. And given the lads we've signed from wire n hudds id be surprised if he got much game time.
If he gets a run out with say... fax. .. I can see that is going to be a good motivation for him to bite us on the botty!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#17 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

Difficult to see how ben is going to shift greg or the tongan. And given the lads we've signed from wire n hudds id be surprised if he got much game time.
If he gets a run out with say... fax. .. I can see that is going to be a good motivation for him to bite us on the botty!

I know what you mean, but would have been a good lad to have on the bench.

As you it will sort its self out
I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#18 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:21 AM

http://m.pontefracta...place-1-6231445

Doesn't sound like he is going anywhere, but that's not to say he won't be.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users