Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dr Koukash wants to sign SBW

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

What ever you think about the man he does keep Rugby League in the spotlight.

http://www.smh.com.a...1030-2wfou.html

#2 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

Which is all great to see/hear but aren't Salford running with 7 non-feds for next year already?

Edited by PREPOSTEROUS, 30 October 2013 - 02:25 PM.

#3 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,781 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

"It is understood Koukash is eyeing off Kiwi stars Shaun Johnson, Simon Mannering and Ben Matulino."

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#4 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

"It is understood Koukash is eyeing off Kiwi stars Shaun Johnson, Simon Mannering and Ben Matulino."

"Starting with Sonny Bill Williams"

#5 RS

RS
  • Coach
  • 607 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

Billionaire wouldn't you know

#6 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Love some of the quotes in there..

"I brought in 15 quality players, some of whom would walk into many NRL teams. For 2015, my plan is to win the competition, which will definitely mean I will have to raid your competition and take one or two of your better players.”

Asked which players he would target, he said: “To be fair to them, I'd rather not mention their names. But we are talking about the superstars of rugby (league).”

“Whether I win the Melbourne Cup or not, I will be buying marquee Australian players."

It's time to park the camels.

#7 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

"I brought in 15 quality players, some of whom would walk into many NRL teams. For 2015, my plan is to win the competition, which will definitely mean I will have to raid your competition and take one or two of your better players.”

Asked which players he would target, he said: “To be fair to them, I'd rather not mention their names. But we are talking about the superstars of rugby (league).”

“Whether I win the Melbourne Cup or not, I will be buying marquee Australian players."

Which players has he signed that would 'walk into NRL teams'? I can't see any in their squad for 2014, apart from a fully focussed Gareth Hock with a complete frontal lobotomy.

Edited by TheTerminator, 30 October 2013 - 03:37 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,986 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

mozza did 9 years ago.............
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#9 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

to be fair the impression I get is that if he won the Melbourne cup he would be pretty well known in Australia instantly. All good stuff
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#10 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

Great but in practice he still has to change a fundamental barrier... that is the salary CAP.   I have a view that may be similar or different but the key is that the rest of clubs and RFL have to decide whether to amend it, scrap it or leave as it is.

Trouble with his media grabbing statements is that people including journalists will stop listening if it is perceived as obvious as what it is.

#11 wirecab

wirecab
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Why worry about how many Non Feds- Salford can always field an extra man (Doctor Koo can pay the fine).  

Going for SBW! Does Salford have larger in-goal areas than Warrington?   :jester:

#12 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Whatever your thoughts on koukash he's transformed the club for the better and the fact that Salford are in hunt to try and sign him very unlikely but still for me shows huge growth and dosent harm anyone at all as he's already lived up to his word regarding signings. Futures looking good for Salford I just hope crowds are back up and they have a bit of success on the field.

#13 willy

willy
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Love the man , his mouth is worth a thousand PA's and the press love him as well

We should enjoy him while we have him

#14 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,661 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Rumours are Salford already have an NRL player signed for 2015. I hope he continues to enjoy the sport.

#15 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,079 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Given the meagre penalties that clubs have been given for breaching the cap over here,compared to the Melbourne debacle,he might as well give it a go.

Founder of the convent pontoon team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users