Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

local leagues

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

Lets be right, the NCL had over a long period of time become the envy of all Rugby League competitions in this country, over the last two seasons the standard on the field has become that erratic because teams are having to field weak teams due to players having other comments that the Pennine premier probably maintains a better playing standard over a full season.

Living in Hunslet I watch the Warriors in summer and the Old Boys in winter, no way is the pennine premier a better standard .If you take out Driglington,Sharlston and the Old Boys (Queens are rebuilding).the standard at best is average.In  NCL div 1 the standard as been good.

#42 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

Living in Hunslet I watch the Warriors in summer and the Old Boys in winter, no way is the pennine premier a better standard .If you take out Driglington,Sharlston and the Old Boys (Queens are rebuilding).the standard at best is average.In  NCL div 1 the standard as been good.

Yep I go and watch all those teams as well, I'm not talking about the potential, it's the actual, if you take away half a NCL teams first team and the standard your left with is way below shocking at times and this is what's happening since the switch.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#43 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

You also seem to watch a lot of summer NCL rugby even though in your words it is the root of all evil and the standard is awfull.Have you no cliff richard gigs or holidays to filey or whatever else you dinosaurs do in summer to go to.

#44 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

You also seem to watch a lot of summer NCL rugby even though in your words it is the root of all evil and the standard is awfull.Have you no cliff richard gigs or holidays to filey or whatever else you dinosaurs do in summer to go to.

What makes you think I'm a dinosaur? What makes you think I'm not a progressive person, What makes you think I can't see the problems with summer, What makes you think I didn't forecast the problems your having in the NCL well before the switch and probably not lastly what makes you think I go to Filey when there are better and more interesting places in our wonderful country. 

I've never once said the NCL is the root of all evil, I've never said the NCL is a ###### competition, I've never said it was poorly run, what I have said is the clubs have been mislead, the quality of the competition is suffering and having to chase about for players is the thin edge of the wedge to destruction of what I have always said WAS the BEST rugby league completion in the country until the RFL got their hands of the reins.

#45 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

What makes you think I'm a dinosaur? What makes you think I'm not a progressive person, What makes you think I can't see the problems with summer, What makes you think I didn't forecast the problems your having in the NCL well before the switch and probably not lastly what makes you think I go to Filey when there are better and more interesting places in our wonderful country. 

I've never once said the NCL is the root of all evil, I've never said the NCL is a ###### competition, I've never said it was poorly run, what I have said is the clubs have been mislead, the quality of the competition is suffering and having to chase about for players is the thin edge of the wedge to destruction of what I have always said WAS the BEST rugby league completion in the country until the RFL got their hands of the reins.

And still is the best amateur competition

#46 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

And still is the best amateur competition

Mate your dreaming at the moment, the NCL is built on a strict criteria and discipline which I take my hat off too, what we are seeing is clubs not being able to operate as a club simply because first team fixtures take priority, there are more teams defaulting on the rules than ever before (Siddal are the latest) if it carries on with in another three seasons the bottom division is going to be very full.

The saying used to be "If you haven't got a ref you've got no game" well it's coming home to roost that you also don't have a game without players.

Edited by Marauder, 05 November 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#47 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

because first team fixtures take priority,

(Siddal are the latest)

1. Do you find it strange that first team fixtures take priority?

2. You really are desperate to use Siddal in your argument, have you been away?

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#48 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

I don't find it strange at all, it's the same in every league, what I do find strange is the fact that you had a product second to none that wasn't broke, you've switched the season and in two season's the wheels are coming off all over the place and it's not looking like it's getting any better.

Using Siddal isn't being desperate, it's just the last incident I've been made aware of on the site (I've been in the Glendsanda quarry working so I apologise if more and recent problems have come to light)

#49 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

Did your team have to chase round for players when 7 or 8 of your 1st team became un-available for a recent cup tie at Queens.They must have had other commitments its winter too.

#50 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

I don't find it strange at all, it's the same in every league, what I do find strange is the fact that you had a product second to none that wasn't broke, you've switched the season and in two season's the wheels are coming off all over the place and it's not looking like it's getting any better.

Using Siddal isn't being desperate, it's just the last incident I've been made aware of on the site (I've been in the Glendsanda quarry working so I apologise if more and recent problems have come to light)

Please stop using 'you' to connect me with the NCL, I have absolutely nothing to do with the NCL apart from watching games, if Siddal are relegated this will probably cease.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#51 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

Did your team have to chase round for players when 7 or 8 of your 1st team became un-available for a recent cup tie at Queens.They must have had other commitments its winter too.

No we didn't have to chase around we had enough players who made themselves available to fulfil both our fixtures PLAYED at the same TIME on the SAME DAY, what you seem to be missing here is my team are a pub team, the NCL teams are supposed to be the cream of the cream and able to fulfil a criteria without a problem, we now after 24 months have established clubs/teams failing and some people are either blinkered, short sighted or both.

I don't put the blame on the clubs for giving the summer a go, in all honesty the package looks brilliant but in reality it's not working, so the answer is either bury your head into the RFL elite ONLY amateur club sand or take a step back into the area where the NCL wasn't having problems with a leadership that's forget that the majority of people in the amateur game are in it for a hobby or pass time.

Edited by Marauder, 05 November 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#52 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

No we didn't have to chase around we had enough players who made themselves available to fulfil both our fixtures PLAYED at the same TIME on the SAME DAY, what you seem to be missing here is my team are a pub team, the NCL teams are supposed to be the cream of the cream and able to fulfil a criteria without a problem, we now after 24 months have established clubs/teams failing and some people are either blinkered, short sighted or both.

I don't put the blame on the clubs for giving the summer a go, in all honesty the package looks brilliant but in reality it's not working, so the answer is either bury your head into the RFL elite ONLY amateur club sand or take a step back into the area where the NCL wasn't having problems with a leadership that's forget that the majority of people in the amateur game are in it for a hobby or pass time.

Another topic turned into summer v winter.Well played Marauder enjoy your alehouse rugby. Ive decided to hang up my boots on this one.

#53 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

Another topic turned into summer v winter.Well played Marauder enjoy your alehouse rugby. Ive decided to hang up my boots on this one.

The title is Local leagues which consists mainly of ale house teams.

#54 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

Ive enjoyed the last week, good discussiin about the Wests vs Siddal game and the like but now you've come back Marauder and made me dislike this forum again. A couple of things before you go on a rant. 1) I am neither for or against summer rugby, I enjoy both seasons. 2) Regurgitating and spouting the same nonsense time after time does not make you correct and people wont start listing just because you repeat it. 3) Believe it or not, amature rugby league has been in decline for years, clubs struggled to raise teams in winter long before summer rugby was implemented. This resulted in second teams defaulting and eventually dropping out of their leagues. Last but not least and this is important, number 4) This is a forum about NCL rugby for NCL members. Why not go onto the community forum, where you belong and spout all tbe tosh you want on there. Nobody on here gives a rats ###### about your opinion, you have become a laughing stock, are seriously boring and are down right pathetic.

#55 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

Unfortunately summer , winter will always be discussed because due the impact it's having on the game,
I also agree that the game was in decline during the winter with 2nd teams defaulting on games in some cases, the main point is since the switch 1st teams have started to default and 2nd teams folding altogether,

Anyway back on subject, regionalising the teams and having a playoff with the top few teams may be a good idea, I think teams will have more players to select from with many players choosing to work Saturday mornings

#56 Historical value

Historical value
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

It's not just. RL that's suffering with numbers, football, is the same in the senior divisions. The excuses for not turning up are unbelievable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users