RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

http://www.batleybul...s-land-gledhill

Having spoken to a few people around the club, this lad is apparently very good indeed!

#2 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

This lad sounds very good. Looking forward to seeing him go at the dogs. Well done JK

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#3 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

Sounds like a decent acquisition to the squad. I take it that most of the Huddersfield DR players for next season will be backs.

#4 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

Few videos of him on Youtube playing for Gold Coast reserves. Looks a huge lad who runs hard. The quality of 2nd grade over there is pretty high, so he should do ok at our level.
  • Mark B likes this

Posted Image

#5 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Watched a few clips is he the no 18, if so he's a decent tackler.

#6 phildog

phildog
  • 238 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Nice to see JK looking afar and being backed by the board. Hope he might nick a couple of backs from out of the world cup too. Our pack once again looks awesome already.

#7 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

He's a Hudds player trialling at Batley to see if he is good enough, its really sad watching you become a feeder team

#8 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

He's a Hudds player trialling at Batley to see if he is good enough, its really sad watching you become a feeder team

Get real. You were only too happy to be at Wigan's beck and call until you were lucky to find a megabucks investor. When the latest pot of cash inevitably dries up and you're begging the RFL for more up-front SKY money to keep you alive, no doubt you'll go running back. They might even be kind enough to ease your desperation and hand you a paltry fee for a few of your better young players again - re Sam Hopkins.

Edited by TheTerminator, 01 November 2013 - 11:47 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

Craig,

Adam has signed a one year contract with Batley, which for that time period subsequently makes him our player. He will have no association with Huddersfield.

If at the end of the 2014 season he impresses then the odds are SL clubs may well show an interest. In the same way Salford (not Huddersfield) have this year with Jason Walton and Greg Johnson. This is ostensibly the same for every Champiomship and CC1 club though in light of the current league structure and funds available for salaries. The only club outside who can possibly come close to competing at this moment in time is Featherstone, possibly with your club just behind after your recent boardroom changes. However, the odds are very few players are going to opt for a championship club over an SL one.

Personally I'm not a big fan of DR in concept but I can't argue with the way JK has used it for our club, i,e to cover for injuries and loss of form. We don't however rely on it like other clubs have and won't again in 2014, which I suspect will be the last year it's in place anyway, dependent on the future league structure.

#10 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

Evidence? I actually think that one thing we are not is a feeder team but you are entitled to your opinion. I bow to your greater knowledge of this thing.. . . . . see above comments re Leigh - Wigan 'arrangement' last season and your clubs enthusiastic use of the system when it was first introduced - I believe you had a fruitful partnership with Warrington at the time!

#11 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 651 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

great stuff, looks a handy lad and even if hes only here for 12 months and goes back to sl so what, so long as any players puts 100% while in a bulldogs shirt it will do me fine.

#12 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

adam has never played for huddersfield pal always been wakey or down under get facts right pal until then go bore someone else

#13 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

I will apologise, I thought he was an Aussie coming over here. Cost of package to include house and car would be prohibitive to most clubs at our level

• Batley Bob likes this

#14 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

Including ours

• Batley Bob likes this

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship Club of the Year 2011"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users