RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Keiran Dixon to Salford Red Devils

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

So reports an article in tomorrows Sun newspaper.

Whoever writes for The Sun does appear to historically have been close to David Hughes as Sun articles have scooped other news media over the past few years when it comes to the London Broncos.

I wish The London Phantom well as he joins the Good Doctors Red Revolution, with Nobby as coach, and playing with a bettrer supprting cast, he could have a bright future at GB / England level.

Unfortunately, Keirans departure is the signal many Broncos fans including myself have been waiting for that finally confirms the passing away of the old horses head.

Presumably the fees from the sales of the contracted Tony Clubb and Keiran Dixon will go towards the redundancy payments for Gus Mackay, Steve McGhee the kitman and Sniffer who has recently been supplimenting his earnings with media work.

No more debates on London on TRL next season :(

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#2 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 372 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

Good signing for the Red Devils could see this happening tbf

#3 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 372 posts

#4 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 372 posts

#5 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

So good you had to say it 3 times eh lol :tongue:

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#6 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 638 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:26 AM

I've been waiting for someone to snap him up. Not good signs for the Beoncos fans. Great signing for Salford though and for Kieron himself.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#7 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

His agent is a genius. Fast and tricky, but probably the most heartless and clueless defender in the league.
  • Derwent likes this

#8 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

His agent is a genius. Fast and tricky, but probably the most heartless and clueless defender in the league.

Very true, a great description of his agent.
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#9 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,616 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

The most over-hyped player in SL. If he was on the wing for say Cas or HKR then he wouldn't have got a tenth of the attention he has had. He's an average player, capable of scoring some good tries but also capable of conceding a lot too.
  • Kenny Bania likes this
Super Clarty Git Amang It Dip Fer Dippin Owt In

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

Dixon v Penny will be good to watch.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

sadly for salford they let a far better winger leave the club in jodie broughton.....
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#12 Middleman

Middleman
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hardly a huge surprise scoop, considering  

https://twitter.com/...2524545/photo/1

to address some of the comments :-

His agent can't have been a genius to have roped hin into a 1 year deal the year he was gaining notice .

he does rate high in Trys 21 - Tackle busts - 95,  average metre gain - 8.9m & clean breaks -21 in a team that was hopeless for much of the season .

my guess is is he isn't linked with a move as a solid last line of defence , but because he's blisteringly quick .

Because of his stature he's going to be run over if left exposed. but this didn't stop his inclusion in the Knights squad.

a risk yes , but shortcommings are a job for the coaching staff .

sadly for salford they let a far better winger leave the club in jodie broughton.....

Broughton's wasn't let go , his mind was made -up  4 yr deal to the league Shield winners and a move  closer to home .

As for a far better winger? , he still missed 1 in every 3 tackles last season and was dodgy under the high ball .

The most over-hyped player in SL. If he was on the wing for say Cas or HKR then he wouldn't have got a tenth of the attention he has had. He's an average player, capable of scoring some good tries but also capable of conceding a lot too.

Surely Tomkins would head any such list ?

Edited by Middleman, 31 October 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#13 brooza

brooza
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

So, is that the last of them? It was my understanding that he was the only player left at Broncos

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#14 St Reatham

St Reatham
  • Coach
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

Not looking good at all for London. The really annoying thing has been the lack of information, although I understand it shouldn't be announced whilst the WC is on (or should it?).

#15 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

So, is that the last of them? It was my understanding that he was the only player left at Broncos

There's a few kids, a couple of Albanians, the kitman, a coach no-one seems to rate, a CEO regarded as totally incompetent, David Hughes - and that's the entire club as far as I can make out.

#16 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Having watched quite a bit of him at London this year, I think he has definitely got talent, and has shone in a team which has been dire. Yes, he makes some errors and his decision making isn't the best, but he is very inexperienced and young. With some good coaching, I've no doubt he could be a super league superstar and perhaps play for England one day. He definitely has the raw talent.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Not sure if this signals the end of the Broncos, or a complete strip down of all costs before Hughes passes the name of the club on to a third party.

#18 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 441 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Seems the same as South Wales Scorpions. Their coach has left and a lot of their players have signed for other. Clubs. Not looking like they will continue next season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users