Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup matches

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Just have to comment on the World Cup matches in only the first week of the tournament and what quality entertainment they have been. There have been some amazing committed performances from the 'underdog' teams and what a welcome sight to see capacity crowds for most of the games. With another 3 weeks of excitement to come, what a way to keep the interest going during our own off-season. To be in the festival atmosphere at Spotland in a friendly crowd of 9000 on Monday evening, to witness the awesome and speedy Fijians against a tough and resolute Irish side, was a real treat. What a night!

I just hope that that the RFL are able to work on the success of the international tournament to make some sensible decisions to enable a sound future for our game at all levels.  

#2 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Been great so far, I've enjoyed every game. 

Hopefully a few of the naysayers will be jumping on board to sell out more games.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#3 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

Have to agree I have watched every game so far and every single one was a cracker , especially the USA v Cook Islands , watched by 7,500 in Bristol , ( many a year since Oldham had a crowd like that ) ......... I think one of if not the best try I have seen so far was the USA Captain Craig Preistly and number 7 as he chased a high kick with just 7 mins to go and between two Cook Island defenders snatched the ball and touched it down inches from the dead ball line ........... and he comes from New York. . . just look at the forum : World Cup Match 7 - USA v Cook Islands with well over 11,00 hits so far :http://www.totalrl.c...v-cook-islands/

Edited by Roughyedz, 01 November 2013 - 12:14 AM.

Posted Image

#4 roughyed8

roughyed8
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

AHave to agree I have watched every game so far and every single ne was a cracker , especially the USA v Cook Islands , watched by 7,500 in Bristol , ( many a year since Oldham had a crowd like that ) ......... I think one of if not the best try I have seen so far was the USA Captain Craig Preistly and number 7 as he chased a high kick with just 7 mins to go and between two Cook Island defenders snatched the ball and touched it down inches from the dead ball line ........... and he comes from New York. . . just look at the forum : World Cup Match 7 - USA v Cook Islands with well over 11,00 hits so far :http://www.totalrl.c...v-cook-islands/

priestly is actually Australian, he played for Redcliffe Dolphins before moving to the states 3 or 4 years ago, he set up the SouthHampton Spitfires team in New York, never the less it was a cracking try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users