Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Should the NCL heirachy fall on their swords?

Dont shoot the messenger

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 chinaman

chinaman
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

In industry or public office anyone who had presided over a shambles such as this would be considering their position.Sadly in our sport incompetence in leadership seems to the norm from Red Hall down
Yes I am a Siddal supporter but love the game and the cameradari including the craic we had with the west hull supporters after the game on Saturday.The events of the last few days will have both angered and saddened many who follow our great amateur game.

Yours in sport
Peter

Edited by chinaman, 31 October 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#2 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 471 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

David Lowe is the administrator of the league. The management committee make the decisions not David. He is just the messenger.

#3 chinaman

chinaman
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

Well then if not the monkey perhaps the organ grinder(s) should be considering their position (s).
Should the members of the league be looking at calling an emergency agm and a possible vote of no confidence??

#4 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

In industry or public office anyone who had presided over a shambles such as this would be considering their position.Sadly in our sport incompetence in leadership seems to the norm from Red Hall down
Yes I am a Siddal supporter but love the game and the cameradari including the craic we had with the west hull supporters after the game on Saturday.The events of the last few days will have both angered and saddened many who follow our great amateur game.

Yours in sport
Peter King.

Why do you believe David should fall on his sword ( if you do)from what I have read David informed all parties of the rules.

What decisions made after have nothing to do with David

#5 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

Well then if not the monkey perhaps the organ grinder(s) should be considering their position (s).
Should the members of the league be looking at calling an emergency agm and a possible vote of no confidence??

You need people willing to step up and take places, personally I think this will need debating but not sure if there is the need for an egm

#6 chris11t

chris11t
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

I think the NCL committee as a whole needs to have a look at itself on the overall running of this season, its been a joke!
To start off the fixtures for some teams has been arranged appallingly. I think Ince had 6 games away on the bounce, which will impact not only the team but the clubs finances. Maybe if they hadn’t had this run then they might not have been sat at the bottom of the table?
Teams going weeks without games. Meaning that the season has over run into the World Cup, so for teams in the play-offs, they miss majority of the England matches.
Then to top all this off, the almighty cock up between the Wests and Siddal..

#7 6brackendale

6brackendale
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

David Lowe should NOT fall on his sword - ridiculous thing to suggest. He is the administrator not management.

#8 Rolly

Rolly
  • Coach
  • 457 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

No David Lowe shouldn't fall on his sword, but this whole issue shouldn't be at this stage. Without going over old ground, on previous posts, the final result should have been the final result, & Siddal should be at Lock Lane this Saturday NOT West Hull. Every time a ref makes a wrong decision do each team have the right to appeal. Probably not so why has Mr Lowe & his management committee allowed West Hull to progress, even though both teams were aware of Golden Point. The more I think about it I feel for Siddal.

#9 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

David has an impossible job at times, what the league actually needs is all the clubs to know and follow the rules

#10 Shadwa

Shadwa
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

One club did no the rules looks like one club didn't or did but are choosing to forget them because they got the point

#11 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

David has an impossible job at times, what the league actually needs is all the clubs to know and follow the rules

......... and referees?

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#12 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Why is it that the rules for one cup go straight to golden point and others play extra time and then golden point can't they have the same rule for all cup games

#13 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

One club did no the rules looks like one club didn't or did but are choosing to forget them because they got the point

Answer me 2 questions Shadwa:1)If you were so clear on the rules why not refuse to kick off the extra time untill the matter had been resolved and 2) If your attempted drop goal had gone over would you have tried to carry on playing, falling that, appealed to the RFL on Siddals behalf for a replay?

Also David Lowe is pretty powerless so calling for his head is not the issue, its the people behind him pulling the strings that need to be looked at.

#14 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

......... and referees?

Quite true!

#15 Shadwa

Shadwa
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

I don't think wests would have to appeal on siddals behalf they would have done it themselves. Which they did state after the game. No matter who would have won on sat the rules wasn't followed and a replay would have been sanctioned.

#16 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

So are you saying you would have carried on playing if your drop goal went over? Or claimed the win knowing full well rules had been broken?

#17 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

I think the NCL committee as a whole needs to have a look at itself on the overall running of this season, its been a joke!
To start off the fixtures for some teams has been arranged appallingly. I think Ince had 6 games away on the bounce, which will impact not only the team but the clubs finances. Maybe if they hadn’t had this run then they might not have been sat at the bottom of the table?
Teams going weeks without games. Meaning that the season has over run into the World Cup, so for teams in the play-offs, they miss majority of the England matches.
Then to top all this off, the almighty cock up between the Wests and Siddal..

9 out of ten games IRB played away, it's true you play the same amount of games at home and away but I would challenge any team to be successful with that run of games, not an excuse from our club but my personal thought if we had a more balanced season I don't think we would have been relegated,
The situation with siddle is a joke and undermines our sport, irrespective of the massive mistake made by the referee the result should stand, we shouldn't be under minding the referee and the NCL committee are rapidly loosing respect,

#18 Shadwa

Shadwa
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

So are you saying siddal know the rules have been broken. Wests didn't go for a drop goal in extra time

#19 Shadwa

Shadwa
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

So your admitting the rules have been broken

#20 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

The refs report, neutral fans and the coach of Wests have all said you went for a drop goal in extra time, so you're talking wet. The end of the day if your dg went over you would not have mentioned a word about an incorrect call from the ref. You would have taken the win and if it went to the commitee would feel agrieved about having to play a replay.
The fact is Wests have lost a lot of respect over this which will take alot of clawing back. Especially with the drivel your coach released in the press about Spaven only taking a dg attempt (from 40 out) on the 1st set to "extend the lead" and that none of your team knew about golden point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users