RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

It's Halloween - Your Scariest Player Ever Is..?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 WakefieldCityLoyal

WakefieldCityLoyal
  • Coach
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

Ray Price was a bit nuts and as hard as nails and the best Lock of his era.

Ray Price class at Wakefield played injured most of the season and never took a backwards step.

#62 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Tony Fisher: I can still visualise him packing down head first at 100 mph into the face of his opposite number. Wouldn't be allowed these days and he would be sent off every game.
He knocked seven bells out of the Aussies when Peter Fox brought him back for an international recall in 1978. I can also remember him at prop for Cas against Fev in the Yorks Cup Final of '77; Fev were reigning Champions and strong favourites, but the veteran Fisher bullied young Fev prop Townend to death, and became the dominant factor in a surprise Cas victory.

#63 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

Len Casey

He runs a B&B in the Lake District now I believe. I'm sure no one would ever have any cause to criticise the service, but if they did...

#64 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,257 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

He runs a B&B in the Lake District now I believe. I'm sure no one would ever have any cause to criticise the service, but if they did...

You can't make an omelette without smashing a few eggs and giving them a right good beating.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#65 Teessidewire

Teessidewire
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

Here's a Warrington pack that would literally give a beating to most. All are players I've seen in 47 years of watching the Wire.

Boyd.

Joe Price.

Tamati.

Rathbone.

Nicholas.

Nikau.

Bit disappointed that I couldn't fit Brendan Tuuta and Bruce McGuire in.

#66 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

Joe Price yes. I have to admit to barely having seen him play as he was usually suspended: wasn't he banned for a year after breaking someone's jaw and was then sent off in his first game back?

#67 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

Nice guy Brad is. Talk to him often at All Golds

another nice guy off the field, lunatic on it. The hits he used to put in for town were bone breakers, he used to like a punch up or 2 as well.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#68 Teessidewire

Teessidewire
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

Joe Price yes. I have to admit to barely having seen him play as he was usually suspended: wasn't he banned for a year after breaking someone's jaw and was then sent off in his first game back?

I can remember him playing in a Wardonia Cup game against Wigan, scoring what was the winning try, throwing the ball down and starting the most almighty brawl. He was, of course, sent off, and that was a friendly.

#69 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

I don't remember that one. There's no such thing as a friendly between Wire and Wigan though is there? The game in Milwaukee springs to mind with Les Boyd and Hanley.

After my last post I googled Joe Price and found out his ban was 11 months reduced to 4 on appeal and it wasn't for a jaw break. However, he had fractured Ken Kelly's cheekbone in a game against Saints without being sent off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users