Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Another Sell Out

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,833 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

Impressed they've sold out and with the diversity of sponsors, especially the likes of Signha which breaks free of a free sterotypes!

There can only be so many sponsors you can pull in I'd imagine before you run out of "saleable" space and without bringing in companies who step on the toes of existing sponsors of either the comp or the competing nations. 

#22 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

you'd hope on the back of such a successful pull of sponsors for this world cup the RFL would be able to build on that and secure one of these names as SL Sponsor

Singha Beer Superleague.. 

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#23 Aucks Warriors

Aucks Warriors
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

Couldn't help but saw the bid for sponsorship for the new European rugby union competition with a minimum asking price of £10m-a-season. They're not short of sponsors those lot.

#24 StixRooster

StixRooster
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

you'd hope on the back of such a successful pull of sponsors for this world cup the RFL would be able to build on that and secure one of these names as SL Sponsor

Singha Beer Superleague.. 

That'll Curry Favour

Other opinions found on Twitter @stixrooster

#25 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 826 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

Where exactly would they advertise?

If all the ground space, program space, TV & Radio slots, shirt patches, catering franchises etc. etc. are sold what can you offer them.

Yep but sponsorship is about way way more that just advertisement at a ground or on a shirt. If that's the mentality then no wonder we struggle to sell sponsorship.  Take the announcement as what it is... PR knowing they have no more possibilities in the queue.

#26 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,921 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

Yep but sponsorship is about way way more that just advertisement at a ground or on a shirt. If that's the mentality then no wonder we struggle to sell sponsorship.  Take the announcement as what it is... PR knowing they have no more possibilities in the queue.

Of course its PR, its a good news story, that's the point. However we get the usual stuff peddled that they shouldn't put that out because if...

Take it for what it is.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#27 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 826 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Of course its PR, its a good news story, that's the point. However we get the usual stuff peddled that they shouldn't put that out because if...

Take it for what it is.

I agree it is a good PR, good news story, I am not knocking it, its the type of thing we used to do as much as possible... for sure any and every opportunity should be grabbed to put out positive stuff.  Not least it may make some think they missed an opportunity to get on board and maybe should look to see what else if available, etc... Its good it made into into some form of media as the PR doesn't always, so that's a big bonus in its self and a little break through in its self.  I'm sure the team are counting up the successful campaigns and PR its, would be interesting to know them purely from a promotional impact interest but it would be an internal metric.

Wasn't knocking it..

Edited by redjonn, 01 November 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#28 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,347 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

"unless somebody comes to me and says ‘can we do this?’, there are no more announcements to come and it is now down to activating and servicing the sponsors because that is the long-term goal to get these sponsors hooked on rugby league.”

Odd that isn't it? :tongue: Precisely the quibble I had before the full quote was posted. Still, Padge's grumbling about grumblers, so we're all happy!

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users