League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Should an gridiron pass be introduced in rl.. Yes or no.. If no how come.

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Love this game

Love this game
  • Facebook
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

Ive been thinking bout this for yearz.. And thought if rugby league introduce such a pass.. It would evalutionize rugby with 3 tatical plays..

#2 Love this game

Love this game
  • Facebook
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

Heres my gridiron pass rules.. Cannot throw the pass past the 20 meters line.. Within your own half.. The player catching it.. Cannot pass the ball to another player.. And you have one less tackle.. Meaning instead of 6 tackles you have five.. So if you throw the pass.. On the 2nd tackle.. If the player gets tackled.. It be tackle 4.. Instead of tackle 3..

#3 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 863 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:23 AM

Nope.

#4 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

If this isn't a wind up, NO!

#5 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 760 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

If, you Love This Game, why would you want to introduce something that would kill it?

#6 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:10 AM

Someone call for a taxi please......

#7 Love this game

Love this game
  • Facebook
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:00 AM

To frank.. I do love this game.. And the reasoan i love rl.. Is it never fears to evalutionize.. Itself. To be the game how rugby should be played.. Is having a gridion pass.. Really gonna kill the game.. How.. Im thinking how soccer is able to have so many attacking options due to a through ball.. Would killing the game be bad.. To see billy slater or tomkins.. Able to run in open space..

#8 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,898 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

Why not, I don't know, just watch gridiron?
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#9 Love this game

Love this game
  • Facebook
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

To walter.. If web didnt pick up that soccer ball and ran with it.. We wouldnt have rugby.. But rugby league rules got it so.. Good.. That having an nfl pass may make this game perfect.. Having 2 options in attack.. 1 2, 3, 4, 5 kick.. And 1, 2, nfl pass, 4 kick.. Option 2.. Or 1, nfl pass, 4, 5 kick.. Option 3.. Nfl pass.. 3, 4 5.. Kick. Game play would be so unpridictable.. As long.. As the nfl pass.. I done behind the 20 meter line.. Aka.. Like the 20, 40 kick..

#10 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:29 AM

To walter.. If web didnt pick up that soccer ball and ran with it.. We wouldnt have rugby.. But rugby league rules got it so.. Good.. That having an nfl pass may make this game perfect.. Having 2 options in attack.. 1 2, 3, 4, 5 kick.. And 1, 2, nfl pass, 4 kick.. Option 2.. Or 1, nfl pass, 4, 5 kick.. Option 3.. Nfl pass.. 3, 4 5.. Kick. Game play would be so unpridictable.. As long.. As the nfl pass.. I done behind the 20 meter line.. Aka.. Like the 20, 40 kick..

Lol. Having fun with this, sir?

;-)

#11 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:31 AM

No, no, no!

Oh and the Webb story is just a myth!

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#12 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

It's All Saints Day today not All Fools Day
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#13 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

Are you Sige in disguise?

It's time to park the camels.

#14 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

Why doesn't gridiron dispense with the pads, cut out the forward passes, reduce the substitutions to - say - ten from four - and just get on with the game instead of standing around for a couple of hours.  I'd watch it then.

Edited by Griff, 01 November 2013 - 08:47 AM.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#15 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,098 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

To frank.. I do love this game.. And the reasoan i love rl.. Is it never fears to evalutionize.. Itself. To be the game how rugby should be played.. Is having a gridion pass.. Really gonna kill the game.. How.. Im thinking how soccer is able to have so many attacking options due to a through ball.. Would killing the game be bad.. To see billy slater or tomkins.. Able to run in open space..

it's an interesting thought andf IMHO you make a good case.

But personally I don't agree with it

people like slater and Tomkins get run in open space. That space is created in several ways -a well executed tactical kick, sleight of hand, use of pace, well executed handling, vision, tactical advantage gained by forward power and more. All of these provide the attacking essence of the best invasion sport there is. On this occassion the innovation and adaptation whilst at the heart of the true traditions of rugby league arent necessary

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#16 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,081 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

Lol.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#17 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

No
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#18 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

I thought we already had. It's called the momentum rule.

#19 RugbyLeagueGeek

RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Coach
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

It makes me chuckle when people start suggesting new rules for games (even if the OP is serious or not). We've had lots of other rules suggestions on here before, such as including contested rucks and so forth.

The bottom line is people have little clue as to how the game would evolve with any major rule change. Over time, it may lead to completely different tactics, training methods, body shapes of players etc etc. It's only in relatively recent years that coaches have really started to analyse the play-the-ball - compare how the PTB is controlled now with back in the 70s, for example.

As for the OP, I would guess that the extra dimension of attacking depth as well as width may well turn it into a cross between gridiron and AFL. Not for me thanks - this World Cup has been pretty good as it is...

#20 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 900 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

Ive been thinking bout this for yearz.. And thought if rugby league introduce such a pass.. It would evalutionize rugby with 3 tatical plays..

But its exactly how american football became what it is, that is changing rugby rules to have a forward pass.   Then given that rules will again be modified over time you end up with exactly what NFL/american football is.

If you want the game to become NFL then thats the way to go. If you don't then it would be mad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users