RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Should an gridiron pass be introduced in rl.. Yes or no.. If no how come.

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

The forward pass in league i would see as a sort of joker card to create a greater intensity at end of game

So basically bring back Eddie waring from beyond the grave?

#62 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Another idea. Instead of a forward pass why not a perfectly timed backwards pass to a guy running a great line. But he gets caught but offloads to a support player backing him up who skins three defenders? Oh yeah. That sounds rubbish *self swear filter*

#63 telliner

telliner
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

So why can't you just kick it to him.

Hang just thought of something.......think 'HANDBALL' the not too popular sport in UK,how an incisive pass can split a defence and leave the attacking player an open chance.A kick is much more anticipated than a pass forward the pass un locks a defence ,Its hypothetical anyway and difficult to convey an idea without an actual visual example or reference point.

#64 telliner

telliner
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Would the size of the ball have be changed?

lol was thinking exactly this yes dont think an RL ball would be conducive to a bullet pass forward.An AF style ball or smaller RL ball

#65 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Another idea. Instead of a forward pass why not a perfectly timed backwards pass to a guy running a great line. But he gets caught but offloads to a support player backing him up who skins three defenders? Oh yeah. That sounds rubbish *self swear filter*

You crazy fool, do you want to destroy the game forever?

#66 telliner

telliner
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

So basically bring back Eddie waring from beyond the grave?

Better than bl00dy ray french

#67 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,481 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

lol was thinking exactly this yes dont think an RL ball would be conducive to a bullet pass forward.An AF style ball or smaller RL ball

I go on a soccer forum ,they discuss our game lots of rl fans among them and other sports too.The call NFL Handy wandy squashed loaf throwing.
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#68 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

Suggest this to the rah rah boys...

#69 Daltoni

Daltoni
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

Please tell me I'm dreaming, he hasn't just posted that has he!?!?!?

#70 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,600 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

Definitely no grid iron passes in the field of play - but I've long thought that a football style throw-in ( forward / backwards long / short whatever ) to replace the scrum for most ball out of play situations. Lot of variety in the restart then ( but def not a line-out!)

Believe it or not that has been tried.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending to be hurt, rugby players spend 80 minutes pretending they haven't been hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users