Matches You're Now Interested in Attending

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

Well, quite a few surprises in the initial round of group games and all of a sudden a few match-ups seem pretty enticing.

Games that you might have simply watched highlights of/watched on Premier Sports now seem quite enticing in terms of you wanting to attend perhaps?

WALES v USA

WOW - With the Tomahawks' unexpected and entertaining victories over France /The Cooks and with Wales crucially needing a win from this fixture, it's shaping up to be a cracker in front of a sizeable crowd. I may be going now despite the expense of a 4-5 hour round trip.

What other matches are you now seriously considering attending, which you didn't give a second thought to pre-tournament?

Scotland v Italy?

Tonga v Italy?

Scotland v USA?

#2 StixRooster

StixRooster
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:03 AM

Having been to Fiji v Ireland I want to do another "smaller" teams game if possible. Given I've got limited funds/time I can only see it being Scotland v USA or Tonga v Italy and that depends on the other half as well!

I can't do any of the quarters, which could be really interesting in parts, so I need to make my mind up!

Other opinions found on Twitter @stixrooster

#3 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

I already have tickets for Scotland v USA at Salford and Tonga v Italy at Halifax.

The way the results went in the first round now means Im even more excited about these games than I was before!

#4 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

Following the Cooks, so next up it's a trip to Leigh, followed by a trip to Neath. After that, possibly the quarter final in Wrexham (regardless of who qualifies from the Cooks' group), followed by the semis and final. If I had the time I'd go to more fixtures, but I really need to do some proper work and earn a crust!
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#5 Eastmoorboy

Eastmoorboy
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

Yep,,thought I was all sorted but after the USA match this week have bought tickets to see the match at Salford on Thursday to take me up to 6 matches!

#6 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

I'm just adding Tonga v Cook Islands. Waiting for my dad to get off the phone to let me know if he's coming too!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#7 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,733 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

I added the quarter finals at Wigan and Warrington after a brilliant first week of RLWC action.

Still considering the Leeds quarter too.

#8 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

Well I'm off to Scotland v Italy, looking forward to it a lot more than I was originally.

#9 Cookiepuss

Cookiepuss
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

Looking forward to Wales - USA this weekend, but will definitely try to take in a third round group game which I hadn't planned on doing.  Quarters, semis and final already in hand.

#10 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

I cant wait for tomorrow - Saturday. Folly Lane .v. Ulverston in the NWML division 1 play off final at Eccles. 2pm! Ulverston are one of the few teams I have never seen before and its a few years since I saw Folly. Folly seem to have an exciting young team but I know that Ulverston have ambitions to play at a higher level. Got a few friends at Folly but I Just hope the best team wins and it doesn't come down to a refereeing error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users