Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Law Cup

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

Taken From Hornets News   Law Cup

Discussions with Oldham over a venue for the 2014 Law Cup have ground to a holt, as Hornets CEO Ryan Bradley Explains:

'With our season starting in February, I contacted Chris to explain that, following discussions with the coaches and board, we didnt believe Whitebank in January was a viable option.

We have had numerous issues there in our last visits, both in terms of playing surface, changing facilities and spectator facilities.

We offered Spotland as a viable alternative, or asked if Oldham would like to play anywhere else, but Chris made it clear that unless we played at Whitebank the game wouldnt be going ahead.

We took the decision, with the backing of the board, players and coaching staff, that we would therefore not accept Oldhams invitation to play the Law Cup this year.

Shan't miss it, now way would I go to Whitebank again.

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

I'm absolutely 100% behind the club on this! We can't be risking our team in what will be the most challenging season for many years by subjecting them to that pit.

t's not only the ground as they say, so let them keep the cup until they come asking to play for it again. I wonder what the fans think about it?

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#3 Larry Jones

Larry Jones
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

Take your Hornets glasses off you two and think if You had ended up at Mayfield.  I am on your side to be fair and I know Whitebank is poor, actually its dire, but on the flip side they don't have  the stewarding issues Hornets and the guys involved have had justifying the numbers  involved .  So whilst I understand one or two issues lets not kick Chris Hamilton or the Oldham club.

#4 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

No intention of kicking Oldham or their fans Larry, in fact I feel for them having to pay week after week to watch rugby at a ground not fit to hold the matches. Just ask yourself why CH wants it at Whitebank. He think it gives them a bit of an advantage, but if you ask the fans I think most would prefer to go to Spotland or a ground like Sedgely Park where they don't have to wade through mud to watch.

Not too long ago Hornets suggested reducing the gate money to a fiver but CH wouldn't hear of it, it had to be £12 for a friendly, he sets himself up for a knock.

Also I think the folk at Mayfield will want a word with you about suggesting their ground is like Whitebank! The set-up at Mayfield knocks Whitebank into a cocked hat!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#5 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Take your Hornets glasses off you two and think if You had ended up at Mayfield.  I am on your side to be fair and I know Whitebank is poor, actually its dire, but on the flip side they don't have  the stewarding issues Hornets and the guys involved have had justifying the numbers  involved .  So whilst I understand one or two issues lets not kick Chris Hamilton or the Oldham club.

What has Stewarding got to do with the playing of the Law Cup ?

Oh and by the way Mayfield's set up / Ground etc is like Wembley when compared with Whitebank. I feel realy sorry for Oldham fans having yet another season without improvements being made at Whirebank. All the best next season.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#6 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

I support the board 100% on this decision. CH obviously wants the game at Sh*tebank so he can again delay payment of our share of the gate. Just wonder if we have been paid for our share from our last visit, I know we complained to the RFL about not receiving it.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#7 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

Yeah me too, would you want to play there knowing the shower facilities were a bucket of water ?  It was better than that at Firgrove 50 years ago.

#8 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 983 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

If Whitebank isn't upto the job it's a shame that the game couldn't be played at Mayfield or somewhere else.

What about Saddleworth? There's showers there and a covered stand. It's a shame not to play it.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#9 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

Saddleworth's Ground wouldn't meet the Criteria required by the RFL to stage the Game( how Whitebank does is beyond me) , add to the Fact that the Saddleworth Chairman and C H don't get on !, as for Mayfield C H wouldn't want to Cough up to pay to use the Facility 

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#10 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

It's sour grapes because of that last result. I've never been to Whitebank, but from the comments on here I'd not want to pay a tenner in never mind 12 quid.

Which makes the ground a self perpetuating problem. Sad because it could make a good ground if they spent a few quid.
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#11 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

Shame about the Law cup this year. If Chris Hamilton cuts his nose off and insists that the game is played at Whitebank or not at all then this proves that he is only in it for the money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users