TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

New signing and 2 re signings

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

backhouse and brad Marwood re sign and jack Morrison a prop from Warrington wolves signs

#2 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

glad backhouse has resigned, marwood  think he needs to be played more tbh but he adds depth, dont know much about morrison.

need some experience now to guide these youngsters,  as it is mainly inexperianced  youngsters weve signed.

#3 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

little tipsy last night. thought Backy retired last year give 100% but..............better younger amateurs around the local secne imo.

Edited by bangbang, 03 November 2013 - 07:10 AM.

Rip the bludgers heads off!

#4 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

Backhouse is a shitehouse not sure he offers anything?

bit harsh lad

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#5 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

I am abit worried about our props dawson top man dont know anything about the 2 new signings hope the lad from wales is as good as he says he is would have like to see a couple of props with experiance who could dominate the opposite numbers

Edited by dee46, 02 November 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#6 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

backhouse is on pay as he plays so he got 2 be worth having as backup , he give his all when he plays so y not give him another go

#7 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 563 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

This might be the guy?

http://www.warringto...ck-morrison-129

Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#8 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

This might be the guy?

http://www.warringto...ck-morrison-129

must be, not much info on him though, haha.

Think he played a few games at swinton last season?

#9 PENRITH RAIDER

PENRITH RAIDER
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

After the latest Barrow signings I cannot see any other championship teams fighting for them.

I agree with many letters on the forum, the job has been done on the cheap,spend as little as possible on
the coach and quality players

I have just watched the Scotland v Italy game and what a great game Ben Helliwell had. He should have been signed with
Ballard. What a threequarter line that would have been with Dalton and Harrison.

It would have been back to the good old days --- speed to burn.

#10 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

I dont know if this is just coincidence but Andy Ballard has just reappeared on my facebook after an 8 month abscence? hmmmm

#11 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

I dont know if this is just coincidence but Andy Ballard has just reappeared on my facebook after an 8 month abscence? hmmmm

what has he been doing for the last 8 months???

#12 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

It's amazing to me when people who obviously know very little about finances talk about doing things on the cheap. We can only sign players that we can afford. We need a new half back and Danny Brough would be a good choice. Zak Hardaker would be a good choice at full back. The pack would take some beating with the 4 Burgess brothers. I know I'm exaggerating but I'm sure the BOD have a tight reign on the finances.

Posted Image

#13 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

thought this threads about new signings. any slagging off and im off. lol. no panic with northern rail comp  being dumped.  the lads will have plenty of time to gel. might make a big difference in early stages of league next season. hope we get a few freindlies sorted as the money pot will be a little empty for a lot of clubs next season. hope to see a centre and hooker signed up next.

forgot we signed arron Lloyd .oops

Edited by off the wall, 03 November 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#14 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

What does upset me a bit is, despite the raiders not going down the DR route, and staying loyal to their local players, it appears that furness trainers, and players are turning their nose up to their local club, a bit worrying for the future.

#15 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

must say im a bit perplexed as to why Duerden has gone up the coast unless it was a much better financial offer of course?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#16 Furnessman

Furnessman
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

Raiders are not staying loyal to amateurs, give them a good deal and they will play. Local coaches not turning their noses up, just want a fair deal for their lads. Some players have yet to be approached by Raiders, hope they are not hoping for playing for Barrow becomes a last resort to their careers.

#17 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

I'm not saying the raiders should be a last resort, but a step on the ladder for young lads, it certainly worked well for Ade Gardener.

#18 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

Are there still bridges to be built between the Raiders and the local amateur clubs?

#19 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

I agree there are lots of bridges to be re-built between raiders and the local amateur clubs, it needs both sides to start the rebuilding, I watch both and it is so sad to see so much potential going to waste.

#20 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

must say im a bit perplexed as to why Duerden has gone up the coast unless it was a much better financial offer of course?

Hey up Lee, you're starting to sound like a Haven fan. That's always their craic when we sign a player - must be for the money usually followed by a ridiculous post saying he's on 20 grand or whatever.

Maybe it's just as the lad says he likes what Town are trying to do and has bought in to it!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users