- - - - -

OP1.23

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

The NCL management can apply common sense and save themselves further embarrassment by using the option available to them in OP1.23:-

"Any club failing to fulfil a League or Grand Final Series Play Off Fixture without an explanation which satisfies the Management Committee may, in addition to being relegated from its respective division at the conclusion of the playing season, be fined up to  £500".

I would think that Siddal's explanation will satisfy the Management Committee.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#2 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

The NCL management can apply common sense and save themselves further embarrassment by using the option available to them in OP1.23:-

"Any club failing to fulfil a League or Grand Final Series Play Off Fixture without an explanation which satisfies the Management Committee may, in addition to being relegated from its respective division at the conclusion of the playing season, be fined up to  £500".

I wouldn't bank on it ref, I remember when almost all the Skirlaugh players had booked hotels in London for the  Wembley Cup final, on a supposedly blank weekend. Surely this should

have been a suitable explanation, but it wasn't and they were docked 4 points and fined £500 or more. I won't mention the club who wouldn't change the play off date.

#3 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 698 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

west hull again! haha

#4 Rolly

Rolly
  • Coach
  • 457 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

I recall a few years back when West Hull had a mid-week fixture at Oldham St annes - guess what "the bus broke down on the way" it would appear that this club have a book of excusses for every eventuality.
Come on Thatto lets knock these cheats out of the play-offs & move on.

#5 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Hey Rolly buses do break down sometimes you know.

#6 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:38 PM

Unfortunately, it always happens to Eccles on the way home!

#7 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

You have to feel for sidall , they did everything asked of them at the game , what are west hull playing at why did they complain ???? When it was clear they agreed

The ncl and the Rfl hands are tied as rule was broken so had to ask for the game to be be replayed . What a situation , the ncl do not care about player welfare . Leigh east were made to play 7 games in 23 days .

The ncl will relegate siddal they have no option and that would be a crying shame , sidall are the biggest and best club in the league and have done nothing wrong in my eyes , they don't deserve to be treated like this .

One thing will come out of this and it will be sidall who keep there respect . West hull will lose it along with the ncl management

Edited by mr chairman, 04 November 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#8 revtype

revtype
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

If Siddal are relegated would Myton  Warriors stay up thanks to West Hull ?

#9 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

I don't believe that myton would get a reprieve, however it would be a crying shame for siddal to be relegated

#10 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

We keep getting told that the committee are there to serve its members, it's clear that siddle have overwhelming support from all the clubs apart from west hull of course,
Could the members show there support call a meeting and insist siddle do not get punished ?

#11 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

The committee are there to run the league on behalf of its members , if you don't want them , vote at the next AGM or with 30% support you could cal a special general meeting . These are the rules and everyone must abide by them including the committee . To be honest they are in a no win situation . They throw Thatto out and might get voted out themselves , they leave them in and set a precedence for others , what david Lowe should have done is speak to the playoff refs before the Saturday games and confirm the rules , david is a paper freak and just sends them off at the touch off a button , covering himself . A phone call would have avoided this silly situation

#12 maxwel

maxwel
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

The committee are there to run the league on behalf of its members , if you don't want them , vote at the next AGM or with 30% support you could cal a special general meeting . These are the rules and everyone must abide by them including the committee . To be honest they are in a no win situation . They throw Thatto out and might get voted out themselves , they leave them in and set a precedence for others , what david Lowe should have done is speak to the playoff refs before the Saturday games and confirm the rules , david is a paper freak and just sends them off at the touch off a button , covering himself . A phone call would have avoided this silly situation

do you mean Siddal

Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

#13 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

This is extremely rare situation, when was the last time a game got replayed ?
The ref made a mistake but it should have been left there, if we changed the outcome of a game due to a bad decision from the ref it would take 4 years to complete a season, they have made a rod for there own back by allowing the game to be replayed ,

#14 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

do you mean Siddal

Yes so sorry

#15 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

It was a pretty average performance on Saturday but i'm not sure we deserve throwing out on the back of it. That said i'm half minded to sit with a stop watch and watch the video to see if the ref did play the full 80 after his stoppages!  :sclerosis: You never know if he is 30 secs short we could argue that the game wasn't played in full!  :tongue:

In all seriousness though I understand what you're saying about the committee being in a no win situation. Essentially the committee are appointed by the clubs to enforce the rules as voted for by the clubs and, to the letter they have probably done so, that's not to say I or anyone else that I have spoken to agrees with it. However, I don't think anyone would complain if a line was drawn under this without any further punishment for Siddal who have clearly been more than put out enough already through no fault of their own.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#16 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

The referee obviously didn't know the rules and the ncl management blame that on sidall, WRONG , the blame lies with them . If your boss doesn't tell you the rules ??????

#17 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

To be fair the RFL through Bob Smithies appoint the officials - not David Lowe or any of the NCL committee, and assuming the Officials receive the same email as the the clubs it did say in big f~~# off red letters directly underneath the appointment for the Wests v Siddal match what the rules for extra time were. If I was a referee, reffing in the playoffs of tightest and most competitive league in the country i'd make sure I was aware of what the rules were should the game end in a draw. I'd also make both coaches and captains aware of the rule before the match even kick of just incase, thus avoiding any confusion. Obviously the refs see themselves as too important to concern themselves with that as this situation shows. 

Edited by thestatman, 04 November 2013 - 09:30 PM.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#18 Historical value

Historical value
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

Ncl desision, maybe was based on a historical dislike of siddal, ie how they smashed there way, through the leagues, with a intimidating crowd, in the good old days, the community committee totally biased against the little village club from Halifax. Fact.

#19 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Don't think they hav got it in for siddal particularly,just totally incompetent committee...and west hull always seem to come out smelling of roses !!

#20 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

To be fair the RFL through Bob Smithies appoint the officials - not David Lowe or any of the NCL committee, and assuming the Officials receive the same email as the the clubs it did say in big f~~# off red letters directly underneath the appointment for the Wests v Siddal match what the rules for extra time were. If I was a referee, reffing in the playoffs of tightest and most competitive league in the country i'd make sure I was aware of what the rules were should the game end in a draw. I'd also make both coaches and captains aware of the rule before the match even kick of just incase, thus avoiding any confusion. Obviously the refs see themselves as too important to concern themselves with that as this situation shows.

Exactly , he obviously didn't read it , apologies to david but someone was to blame and it wasn't sidall but they will be relegated , no other way round it , it will be seen as a no show and we all know what the penalty is . The referee should have made both teams play extra time then golden point . What's the penalty for the ref

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users