Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wow!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

Well that was one of the best games I've ever seen . It was just epic . We couldn't have asked for anything more from our two games . Fantastic and unforgettable . Great reward for all the efforts of the club , the town and the area . Brilliant , we've served up the best fair of a brilliant tournament . Totally buzzing !

#2 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

Well said david! Well done WTRLFC and Allerdale council for two brilliant RL occasions at DP.just when we thought you know who had had blew It they stepped in and have pulled it off on behalf of cumbria. All the effort along with Two well supported entertaining games that have made it a success. Well done all.

Edited by town4me, 03 November 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#3 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

Was hoping for a last minute try from one of the bretts to bring the roof down but wasn't to be mind you that was the worst drop goal of all time by the italianos at the end

#4 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,521 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

2 superb games, and I think its telling that I was a little disappointed in tonight's crowd when before games I would gave been happy with 5k per game. Well done to everyone involved in organising these games.

#5 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

Awesome effort from our great club, two very special games. Very well done to all concerned on excellent organisation.

#6 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

Absolutely fantastic! for a stadium that hasn't had such a large crowd for so long it was a credit to the club the way the games were run and shows the RFL what a spectacle our club can put on.

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

Smidgen short of 15,000 for two games !! Take a bow ..

#8 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Couldn't get there today, as was at Wrexham, but was with you for the first encounter.

My mates and I are doing 23 games in the tournament, and it's been superb so far.

Big crowds everywhere. Avignon was absolutely rocking on Friday night!

Hull KR tomorrow is our next port of call.

Rugby League, the Greatest Game on the Planet!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,773 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

I will just echo the sentiments of everyone that has posted here and add that the whole area of west Cumbria has pulled together to make this a fantastic event.

I also think our choir should go to every ground and sing Jerusalem. I've never heard it sung better.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

Good man Spelly . Certainly is tremendous . This WC will be remembered

Edited by DavidM, 03 November 2013 - 09:22 PM.

#11 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Rumours on Twitter that today's crowd was wrongly announced and that the actual figure was 9,280 not 7,280 ?

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#12 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Put TWO threads on the jam forum praising the support of Cumbrian fans to RLWC2013 games in cumbria and both quickly removed
Says it all lol.

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

I've heard that to Derwent . Someone told me they'd heard 9000 ?

#14 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

I've heard that to Derwent . Someone told me they'd heard 9000 ?

Apparently Mark Fryer has confirmed it on Facebook

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#15 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Mark has confirmed it on twitter

#16 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,521 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

Put TWO threads on the jam forum praising the support of Cumbrian fans to RLWC2013 games in cumbria and both quickly removed
Says it all lol.

Seriously, how laughably pathetic is that. What a bunch of losers. Though it must hurt seeing just how successful everything has been. After they ballsed it up.

Edited by dkw, 03 November 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

17,000 ... Bow , curtesy , curtain call , Mexican wave and anything else you like !!! I've no idea how many the Pow Beck ground was gonna hold , but just as well it turned out as it did !

Edited by DavidM, 03 November 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#18 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

Pow Beck was going to hold 5k wih temporary stands - nowhere near big enough

#19 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 851 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

What can you say, except well done Scotland a fantastic display that so nearly could have been a win(something England couldn't muster against them ;) )

Well done to everyone connected with Workington Town, Allerdale council, and the Rugby League for not turning their backs on this great event and bringing it to our door, the young kids have witnessed a fantastic event that will live long in there memory's and they can say I was there. 

The thousands that turned up, well done everyone, wonder if the ones that said we wouldn't get two thousand, turned up :tease:

Jon Wells from BBC radio 5L said "fantastic contribution from both sides, fantastic  contribution from crowd , a great atmosphere in lovely surroundings" couldn't put it better myself Jon, well said.

Now lets build on this and take our two clubs forward for the good of Rugby League.

#20 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 851 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

Seriously, how laughably pathetic is that. What a bunch of losers. Though it must hurt seeing just how successful everything has been. After they ballsed it up.

And now the plank Steven Demont  has said on the jam site, that if you had taken Danny B out of the Scotland team KELLS  would have beaten them :sarcastic:  :sarcastic: its got to be something in there water, if you had a dog as daft you would take it to the vets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users