League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

09/11/13 - World Cup Match 18: Ireland v Australia

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Ireland by 13 points or more (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Ireland by 7 to 12 points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Ireland by 1 to 6 points (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

4. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Australia by 1 to 6 points (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Australia by 7 to 12 points (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Australia by 13 points or more (19 votes [86.36%])

Percentage of vote: 86.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Discuss World Cup Match 18: Ireland v Australia here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,648 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

Ireland to sneak it.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#3 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,799 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

I had planned to go to this one and combine it with a family visit. Sadly circumstances have conspired against me.

Ireland to raise their game a little and put up a brave effort but ultimately get a hammering.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#4 Lesmets

Lesmets
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

Can't wait to see the crowd ,pity there playing way down in Limerick ,I live on the North Coast and would have traveled down to Dublin to see the Kangaroos but Limerick just to far away to drive for whats going to be a walkover, should be interesting to see what kind of crowd they get but what ever it is they would have got more playing in the RDS Dublin and with Ireland RU side playing the same day nobody will even know it's happening still think an Ireland RL team is a pointless waste of time and resources!

#5 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,799 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

Can't wait to see the crowd ,pity there playing way down in Limerick ,I live on the North Coast and would have traveled down to Dublin to see the Kangaroos but Limerick just to far away to drive for whats going to be a walkover, should be interesting to see what kind of crowd they get but what ever it is they would have got more playing in the RDS Dublin and with Ireland RU side playing the same day nobody will even know it's happening still think an Ireland RL team is a pointless waste of time and resources!

It's a waste of time simply because it isn't very big? We had all just better follow soccer then.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#6 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,648 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

I love these "we would have had a bigger crowd if ..." arguments.  Can't prove them either way.

Too far ?   We're doing Killarney to Belfast on the Wednesday, so I don't know about that.  Sure, you'd need to stay overnight, but it's a 8 pm kick off so that's a given really.

There's always a psychological boost when you get to Newry and the kms change to miles ........ :laugh:

#7 Lesmets

Lesmets
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

I love these "we would have had a bigger crowd if ..." arguments.  Can't prove them either way.

Too far ?   We're doing Killarney to Belfast on the Wednesday, so I don't know about that.  Sure, you'd need to stay overnight, but it's a 8 pm kick off so that's a given really.

There's always a psychological boost when you get to Newry and the kms change to miles ........ :laugh:

No but playing the game somewhere more accessible and central to the population would have made more sence!

#8 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,648 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

No but playing the game somewhere more accessible and central to the population would have made more sence!

My understanding is that there was a very good financial package to play the game in Limerick.

Any road, we'll see on Saturday how many turn up.

#9 parklandswolf

parklandswolf
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Well there will be +4 , not got tickets yet but flying over Friday.

Is a kevlar vest needed ?

#10 Lesmets

Lesmets
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

Well there will be +4 , not got tickets yet but flying over Friday.

Is a kevlar vest needed ?

Not unless you invite a sheep back to your hotel room lol!!!

#11 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

For the biggest mismatch in the competition, I would like to see the referee only award a try if the move originates in Australia's half of the field.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#12 RLX111

RLX111
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

For the biggest mismatch in the competition, I would like to see the referee only award a try if the move originates in Australia's half of the field.

Perhaps they could sit around the table at the end and assess the damage!

Maybe home advantage may even things up-a little?

#13 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Five of us heading over early Saturday morning. Hoping to find somewhere to watch the England game (don't know how likely that is), then enjoy watching the Kangaroo's.. then maybe a pint or two.. should be good fun.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#14 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

Five of us heading over early Saturday morning. Hoping to find somewhere to watch the England game (don't know how likely that is), then enjoy watching the Kangaroo's.. then maybe a pint or two.. should be good fun.

I am very envious! I can't see anything but a huge win for Australia in the match.

#15 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,648 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

I am very envious! I can't see anything but a huge win for Australia in the match.

Amazing!  Has no one heard of the well known statistical law, Third Time Lucky ? :onthequiet:

#16 MattSantos

MattSantos
  • Coach
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

Australia by about 300

#17 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

Amazing!  Has no one heard of the well known statistical law, Third Time Lucky ? :onthequiet:

I genuinely meant that I was envious BTW. I spent a few days in Dublin a few years ago watching the ICC Trophy and ireland was a fantastic place for a night out.
Alright Australia to win by 42 points. Ireland to score 2 tries only.damian Blanch to score one of them.

#18 wirecab

wirecab
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

After watching the Scot-USA match I'd put Perenara and Alibert in charge and then Ireland might have a chance

#19 mt smart

mt smart
  • Coach
  • 584 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

Ireland and PNG are likely to get Royally Rogered

Hope not , but that's what's coming bar a miracle.

England on the other hand will have their hands full with Fiji , that game will be the game of the round.

Edited by mt smart, 07 November 2013 - 11:19 PM.

#20 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,258 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

Australia by 60 plus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users