Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

10/11/13 - World Cup Match 19: Wales v Cook Islands

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wales by 13 points or more (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Wales by 7 to 12 points (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Wales by 1 to 6 points (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Cook Islands by 1 to 6 points (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

6. Cook Islands by 7 to 12 points (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Cook Islands by 13 points or more (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,688 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

Discuss World Cup Match 19: Wales v Cook Islands here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

Wales must win this to keep any credibility. Ditch the 'Wigan method', which clearly isn't working, play the players who have not had a game, and let the guys go out and be creative.

#3 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,404 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

I'm not going. It's the best part of 300 miles and clashes with the Remembrance Day Parade in Bradford.

In the evening I'm going to a Diwali Music Night in Leeds. Should be fun!

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#4 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,404 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

I've posted this on the Wales v USA thread, but, once again, I hope all the boys who haven't played yet are rewarded for their efforts and loyalty by getting a game against the Cook islands.

Many thanks to Rhys Williams who was very pleasant to us after the game. Especially as, under the surface, he must have been feeling just as gutted as the fans.

Best of luck in Australia boyo, then come on back and sign for the Bulls!

Come on Wales!! 

Cymru Am Byth

#5 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

Who is Rhys joint in in Australia wolford?

We need to regain some pride in this one, and I'm going to be there. Time to give some fringe lads a chance.

1. R.Evans
2. Kear
3. Roets
4. R.Williams
5. Massam
6. White
7. Jones
8. James
9. Webster
10. Kopczak
11. Frizell
12. B.Evans
13. Flower

14. Budworth
15. Guertjens
16. Fleming
17. Patrick

#6 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,404 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

Who is Rhys joint in in Australia wolford?

Central Queensland Capras, I think. He's joining a club in Queensland and will play alongside Ian Webster.

Sad loss to our game, I rate him.

#7 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

Central Queensland Capras, I think. He's joining a club in Queensland and will play alongside Ian Webster.

Sad loss to our game, I rate him.

Fair enough, that's a decent enough level for him I suppose. I've got mixed feelings about the guy... There's definitely talent in him mind. Talent that I believe needs to be correctly harnessed.

Plenty of Welsh players down under now*.. Maybe a mid season camp for the 'Welsh Australians' would be a good idea with maybe a game against the Australian Fijians or someone. Be a good chance to try partnerships and keep the guys bonding.

* Frizell, Budworth, Webster, Seamark, Geurtjens, Rhys Williams, Lee Williams, Andrew Gay, Jordan Ross, Ollie Olds, Tom Morton (probably one or two more I've forgotten, and a dozen more eligible for Wales) - I'd advise getting Mark Lennon involved as well, top bloke.

#8 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

Fair enough, that's a decent enough level for him I suppose. I've got mixed feelings about the guy... There's definitely talent in him mind. Talent that I believe needs to be correctly harnessed.

Plenty of Welsh players down under now*.. Maybe a mid season camp for the 'Welsh Australians' would be a good idea with maybe a game against the Australian Fijians or someone. Be a good chance to try partnerships and keep the guys bonding.

* Frizell, Budworth, Webster, Seamark, Geurtjens, Rhys Williams, Lee Williams, Andrew Gay, Jordan Ross, Ollie Olds, Tom Morton (probably one or two more I've forgotten, and a dozen more eligible for Wales) - I'd advise getting Mark Lennon involved as well, top bloke.

Lewis Reece is off to Brisbane too, not sure which club though.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#9 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,817 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

The talk from the Cook Islands lads after the game yesterday was that they're going to work hard and want to put in a great performance to finally get the nation's first World Cup finals win. If they play like they did last night, and improve again, I suspect they'll be too strong for Wales.

I know there's nothing riding on it, but I'm looking forward to it - Sunday afternoon in Neath, saying goodbye to a group of people I've spent a fair amount of time with over the last few weeks. Go on the Kukis!
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#10 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

It's funny how different two defeated teams can be. Cooks faves I think, still looking forward to seeing a good crowd and atmosphere at the gnoll
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#11 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,404 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

Best of luck boys. Win or lose, we're really proud of you.

#12 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

I did read a story that the main stand had sold out, but after the checking the RLWC site I can still buy 10+ together in that stand plus plenty more elswhere. Hopefully it's just an error.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

#13 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

How come this thread isn't pinned?  Just curious!

Anyway, I expect there will be a low crowd in Neath especially now that Wales have failed to get anywhere in the world cup.  Hopefully the forecast decent weather will encourage some extra walk ups.  As for the match, although I really enjoyed watching the Cook Islands play I would like to see Wales finally get a win.  Real shame they couldn't do it at Wrexham but hopefully they will manage it tomorrow.

#14 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

How come this thread isn't pinned?  Just curious!

Anyway, I expect there will be a low crowd in Neath especially now that Wales have failed to get anywhere in the world cup.  Hopefully the forecast decent weather will encourage some extra walk ups.  As for the match, although I really enjoyed watching the Cook Islands play I would like to see Wales finally get a win.  Real shame they couldn't do it at Wrexham but hopefully they will manage it tomorrow.

I agree. I also hope that after the world cup some serious planning goes into where the Wales National Rugby league team goes to from here.

#15 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

First try to Cook Islands. 0–6. Looks like a small crowd.

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

This bloke again not knowing who anyone is !!!

#17 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

Poor commentary Ramsdale hasn't a clue who anyone is very poor and tony rea is dull and boring, hopefully Wales get a win here

#18 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

It's awful . Maybe coz ifs a dead rubber and no one wanted to go !

Edited by DavidM, 10 November 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#19 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

4-6.

#20 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

Why can't they get some funnies on the ' Cooks ' in to the commentary ... Like to many cooks spoiling the broth perhaps ? Or is Anthony Worrall Thompson on the bench ... Just to liven things up a bit !!