Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Law cup

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 oldhead

oldhead
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

Fair play if you don't want to play because of :pitch, showers , fans can't see,toilets are cr-p or any other reason, but don't expect us to play somewhere else . If we draw you at home in the cup I will be more than willing to take the bye into the next round .

#22 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

Is this the posting of a 6 yr old ? Coming on here calling People names is juvenile. At least ORLFC have their own ground and Chairman. I seem to remember that the 2010 Law cup was played at Mayfield as Hornets were thrown out of the ground. Any pitch will be frozen in January, Just look at the Football fixtures that are postponed when the cold snap comes. It's not that long ago that the pitch at Spotland was frozen in one corner because the sun hadn't got to it .

Yep got your own ground and chairman. Both are fantastic ! Im not 6 YO, but I did do to school in Oldham.

#23 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

We had ex state of origin players play on that pitch but its not good enough 4 Rochdale

#24 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

who would that be then???

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#25 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

Josh perry and chris flannery

#26 higgy

higgy
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

Everybody is making a big issue of the showers, its just an excuse Hornets don't want to get beaten by a team in a lower division. Wouldn't be a good start for them.

#27 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 565 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

Everybody is making a big issue of the showers, its just an excuse Hornets don't want to get beaten by a team in a lower division. Wouldn't be a good start for them.

exactly what I said but Tyrone shoelaces poo pood it. They're too big a club for us now. But just wait till the right balance is restored.

#28 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

Rochdale move upwards and onwards. We should aim to do the same.

However I still feel white bank is crippling us. Fans don't want to turn up and the players hate it. You can even get a shower after a roll around at the Georgian but not after a game of rugby.

#29 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

Josh perry and chris flannery

oh yeah....forgot about that pre season game..

OLDHAM RLFC

#30 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

exactly what I said but Tyrone shoelaces poo pood it. They're too big a club for us now. But just wait till the right balance is restored.

Give over matey. Nobody at Hornets thinks we're too big to play Oldham. There's never been a time in my 40 plus years of watching Hornets that I've thought that. We were willing to play you when you supposedly didn't really have a team, and we still lost. I always looked forward to the Law Cup game, win, lose or draw. However the people who make the decisions at the club don't want to play at that particular ground. I can understand that, given the fact we don't have to I don't want to go there either.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces, 22 January 2014 - 09:48 PM.

#31 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 565 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

Give over matey. Nobody at Hornets thinks we're too big to play Oldham. There's never been a time in my 40 plus years of watching Hornets that I've thought that. We were willing to play you when you supposedly didn't really have a team, and we still lost. I always looked forward to the Law Cup game, win, lose or draw. However the people who make the decisions at the club don't want to play at that particular ground. I can understand that, given the fact we don't have to I don't want to go there either.

Ok.

#32 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

Does anyone know what a breakeven home gate would be needed this coming season?

I feel tyrone shoelaces sentiment will echo with other away support especially with the distances and location of whitebank, never mind the crappy facilities. We may need to rely on home support to balence the books this year.

#33 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

its more the state of whitebank than the location..

Edited by roughyedspud, 23 January 2014 - 12:31 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC

#34 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

Such a pity about the Law Cup.  Nobody seems to care about tradition. Is the problem for Oldham about income from the match if that's the case It could have gone back to Spotland on a split gate after match expenses. At least the club would get some income. Is the Barrow game away on a split income basis I wonder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users