TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

The Wiggles - USA Tomahawks Shock The World

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,871 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

I think there is potentially a lot of mileage in this story, especially if they break off their world tour to get to the USA Aus game. Just the sort of off game publicity that "money can't buy" that our sport rarely gets. 

Possibly even three paragraphs! Oh my...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#42 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

Possibly even three paragraphs! Oh my...

Quite, a "band" that nobody has heard of, fly to a sporting event.  It's not like they're Gary Glitter or anything.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#43 St Reatham

St Reatham
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

"Wiggles founder Anthony Field will "move heaven and earth" to accept an invitation to attend the USA Tomahawks quarter-final clash with Australia"

I think the tournament organisers should also be moving heaven and earth to get them to the game.

Edited by St Reatham, 06 November 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#44 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,148 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

Quite, a "band" that nobody has heard of, fly to a sporting event.  It's not like they're Gary Glitter or anything.

In 2003, when the group performed at Madison Square Garden, front-row tickets were sold for US$500,[34] in spite of The Wiggles' efforts to reduce scalping by limiting the number of seats sold per transaction.[75] In 2008, the group found themselves in the midst of what The Daily Telegraph called a "ticketing scandal";[75] scalpers tried to sell a A$19 ticket on eBay for almost A$2,000 and a set of three tickets for A$315 for concerts in Melbourne, and a group of three tickets to a Wiggles UNICEF charity concert in Sydney had a price tag of A$510. The tickets were taken off eBay and voided.[75]

Not bad for a band that nobody's heard of. :rolleyes: 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#45 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,454 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

Not bad for a band that nobody's heard of. :rolleyes:

Still not in Larry's league though.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#46 hoff

hoff
  • Coach
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

The USA team could incorperate a Wiggles dance into some sort of Haka to intimidate the opposition, would pay to watch that :)

Edited by hoff, 06 November 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#47 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

Still not in Larry's league though.

^ This ^

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#48 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 382 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Do we know that Larry's band isn't the Wiggles?

#49 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 907 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

awesome!

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#50 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 382 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

You've given the game away Larry:

"Strangely enough, one of the best gigs I saw in the 70s was Gary Glitter and the Glitterband. This was just before The Fall. It was astonishing. A friend of mine put a Glitter record on in a pub recently and they turned it off because of what he is now, but it's worth remembering what a great band they were." Renegade page 40.

Put this with your occasionally curmudgeonly contributions and you are obviously Mark E Smith. I claim my £5.00.

#51 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

My take on the USA game and the Wiggles song http://southwakefiel...t-iestyn-sulks/

Plus young Iestyn spitting the dummy! Good to see he's going to stick with league though. Think he's got too much to offer, to be wasted doing defensive drills for a club union side.

#52 Nimrods Son

Nimrods Son
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

You've given the game away Larry:"Strangely enough, one of the best gigs I saw in the 70s was Gary Glitter and the Glitterband. This was just before The Fall. It was astonishing. A friend of mine put a Glitter record on in a pub recently and they turned it off because of what he is now, but it's worth remembering what a great band they were." Renegade page 40.Put this with your occasionally curmudgeonly contributions and you are obviously Mark E Smith. I claim my £5.00.

Mark E Smith is a god!! Larry's quips are certainly mark E Smithesque........

#53 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

The Wiggles are massive in the USA, especially in New York City.  Something like this just helps the Tomahawks get a little more cut through into America.

Posted Image

#54 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,871 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

From the official RWC Twitter account: Hi @Anthony_Wiggle, We love your Tomahawks song, and would love to have you over in Wrexham for the QF. Follow and DM us please!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#55 absentee thoughtlord

absentee thoughtlord
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

Had to get up for a wee last night. Halfway through I realised I was singing it.

At 3am.

For no logical reason.

#56 WolvesFanInTheUSA

WolvesFanInTheUSA
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

The USA team could incorperate a Wiggles dance into some sort of Haka to intimidate the opposition, would pay to watch that :)

Haha! :laugh:

I can imagine the interview with the losing coach:

"What do you think happened tonight on the pitch?"

"Weeeellllll...it's like this.  They did this crazy Haka and my team laughed so much, they couldn't concentrate the whole game.  Kept knocking on......."

#57 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

Scotland! You'll beat them!

Think not ..... ;)

#58 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

Think not ..... ;)

"Shock the world ..." Off to bed with that song in my head ... along with 5 other Wiggles songs I know from watching them with my young boys!

#59 WolvesFanInTheUSA

WolvesFanInTheUSA
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

Think not ..... ;)

Now the interview will go like:

"Weeeellll, it's like this.  We did this crazy Haka and laughed so much, we couldn't concentrate......" :haha:

#60 MamaKangaroo

MamaKangaroo
  • Coach
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

For the Quarter final The USA team should come out of the tunnel in a Big Red Car

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users