Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Recent immigrants to the UK

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic

#21 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:44 AM

Your wrong it's attitude and I would like to see these young Homie's alongside the white chav's etc that there is more to life then Snopp Doggy Dirt and Icey T etc.

So you just have a problem with everyone that's not like you.

LUNEW.jpg

#22 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

So you just have a problem with everyone that's not like you.

No I just find it sad way things have went with kids these days as everyone talks like Jafaican be it black/white/asian etc and they all it into Bling/Rap and so called R'n'B ###### that hasn't changed it the passed 15 years or so and that go's for white Victorian like Chav.

#23 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

No I just find it sad way things have went with kids these days as everyone talks like Jafaican be it black/white/asian etc and they all it into Bling/Rap and so called R'n'B ###### that hasn't changed it the passed 15 years or so and that go's for white Victorian like Chav.

Yes, let's bring back proper English and redress the way things have "went" over the "passed 15 years"!

LUNEW.jpg

#24 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 651 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:35 AM

On your first point, they really don't. I live in South London and we have a fair few 17/18 year olds in our bottom team and none of them talk like that.

I don't really get what you're driving at with the rest, would some punctuation kill you? A 60 word run on sentence isn't the easiest to understand.

#25 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

On your first point, they really don't. I live in South London and we have a fair few 17/18 year olds in our bottom team and none of them talk like that.

I don't really get what you're driving at with the rest, would some punctuation kill you? A 60 word run on sentence isn't the easiest to understand.

Sorry just giving my views but I am illiterate.

#26 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,281 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

Sorry just giving my views but I am illiterate.

no you aren't

your point of view comes across loud and clear.

On what lines would you like to see the english vernacular develop?

Was there a point in history when spoken English was how you would have wished it?

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#27 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

no you aren't

your point of view comes across loud and clear.

On what lines would you like to see the english vernacular develop?

Was there a point in history when spoken English was how you would have wished it?

Thats how I write and don't know any better ? now I have to google what vernacular means.

#28 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,281 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

Thats how I write and don't know any better ? now I have to google what vernacular means.

yes I know and I don't have a problem with it...this isn't an english exam, and that's why I said that your thoughts came across loud and clear.

on what lines would you like to see english vernacular develop?

was there a point in history when spoken English was how you would have wished it?

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 07 November 2013 - 12:40 PM.

Keeping it local

#29 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

yes I know and I don't have a problem with it...this isn't an english exam, and that's why I said that your thoughts came across loud and clear.

on what lines would you like to see english vernacular develop?

was there a point in history when spoken English was how you would have wished it?

Maybe I am becoming an old fart in my age but I dislike the Chav and Rap Gang culture with all there hand singles and stuff…saying that I can not stand the scruffy leftie type students….ANYWAY enough about me let's go back to the subject.

#30 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,281 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

Maybe I am becoming an old fart in my age but I dislike the Chav and Rap Gang culture with all there hand singles and stuff…saying that I can not stand the scruffy leftie type students….ANYWAY enough about me let's go back to the subject.

it isn't about you: it's about your views

so what is acceptable then?

Keeping it local

#31 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,682 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

BBC TV Question Time tonight is from Boston Lincs.   see http://www.bbc.co.uk...nshire-24060176

You can be sure of an interesting exchange of views. Boston has fair number of UKIP councillors.

#32 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

I think you have a problem with respecting difference don't you?

LUNEW.jpg

#33 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

who doesn't? people are afraid of anything different that's why they kill harmless spiders, the human race is programmed to fear any thing normal to its own parameters, that's why ethnic groups and indigenous population stay in there own and create their own environments, Britain does not have an immigration problem it has an over immigration problem  like when you cram a box of matches till it bursts and ends up burning all over the floor, intergration is a joke and only exists in the minds of the left wing bbc and its media machine, yes there are chavs and there are also hard working Sikh familys who have built up honest respectable businesses but now its a free for all and this has to be stopped or the Sikh family and the chav (whos great granddad prob fell in the trenches) will all become alienated and resentful that their country has been opened up to become a 3rd world dump

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#34 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

who doesn't? people are afraid of anything different that's why they kill harmless spiders, the human race is programmed to fear any thing normal to its own parameters, that's why ethnic groups and indigenous population stay in there own and create their own environments, Britain does not have an immigration problem it has an over immigration problem like when you cram a box of matches till it bursts and ends up burning all over the floor, intergration is a joke and only exists in the minds of the left wing bbc and its media machine, yes there are chavs and there are also hard working Sikh familys who have built up honest respectable businesses but now its a free for all and this has to be stopped or the Sikh family and the chav (whos great granddad prob fell in the trenches) will all become alienated and resentful that their country has been opened up to become a 3rd world dump

I really do feel sorry for you if that's your experience of integration. I could tell you plenty of stories of positive integration but you'd probably think I was a left wing BBC media fantasist.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#35 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

I really do feel sorry for you if that's your experience of integration. I could tell you plenty of stories of positive integration but you'd probably think I was a left wing BBC media fantasist.

I have no experience of intergration ! like 90% of the rest of Britain , that's just it!!!!!!!!!!!  but am more than ready to listen to a one of your positive storys.

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#36 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

No I am all for the individual which sadly lack's these day's as all I see are a lot black kid's thinking there Puff Daddy getting down on that Grime rubbish/Muslim kid's thinking there a mix of Bin laden and ice T and hate anyone/White Chav's as under class nasty scumbag's and middle class Labour loving/Tory/BNP/EDL hating student's.

Forgot fat drunken Football fans who hate there rival's and other team's so called in the name of Sport.

#37 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

I have no experience of intergration ! like 90% of the rest of Britain , that's just it!!!!!!!!!!! but am more than ready to listen to a one of your positive storys.

You have no experience of curry replacing fish and chips as ths national dish - both from separate waves of immigration? You have no experience of an NHS built with the the labour of immigrant worker? No experience of towns either side of the pennines with soccer and RL teams boasting the tag of Celtic in homage to their immigrant forebears? No experience of national sporting heroes of Caribbean, Somali, Morocco/Iranian heritage? No experience of a dominant musical youth culture which draws on African, Caribbean, Indian sub continental influences? Every major town centre with restaurants representing the cuisine of multiple nations? Bars that serve beers and lagers from around the world? A language with a history of absorbing words from other languages from all corners of the planet?

Do you go around with your eyes, ears, nostrils, and mind closed?

LUNEW.jpg

#38 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

You have no experience of curry replacing fish and chips as ths national dish - both from separate waves of immigration? You have no experience of an NHS built with the the labour of immigrant worker? No experience of towns either side of the pennines with soccer and RL teams boasting the tag of Celtic in homage to their immigrant forebears? No experience of national sporting heroes of Caribbean, Somali, Morocco/Iranian heritage? No experience of a dominant musical youth culture which draws on African, Caribbean, Indian sub continental influences? Every major town centre with restaurants representing the cuisine of multiple nations? Bars that serve beers and lagers from around the world? A language with a history of absorbing words from other languages from all corners of the planet?

Do you go around with your eyes, ears, nostrils, and mind closed?

if intergration is high street money laundering (most restaurants and takeaways) then yes sorry I have experienced it, if its been invited round to your genuine Asian friends house for a party then no  I havent

#39 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,281 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

I have no experience of intergration ! like 90% of the rest of Britain , that's just it!!!!!!!!!!!  but am more than ready to listen to a one of your positive storys.

so you have never studied or worked with or lived near to or amongst people from different ethnic backgrounds? Where do you live  Rockall?

Keeping it local

#40 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

so you have never studied or worked with or lived near to or amongst people from different ethnic backgrounds? Where do you live  Rockall?

The only time I have mixed with Muslims is been on a Karate/Semi Contact mat back in the 1980's/90's alongside Afro Caribbeans which I have mixed with when in Leeds/Manchester/London be it Notting Hill/an old Blue's party but then I don't mix with toff's or student's type's like The Viz used to take the micky out off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users