Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Recent immigrants to the UK

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic

#41 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

so you have never studied or worked with or lived near to or amongst people from different ethnic backgrounds? Where do you live  Rockall?

this is getting out of context, of course I have, but working in a dead end job at sports direct with ahmed (who is a very nice guy) has nothing to do creating huge areas of Britain that don't mix in a social environment

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#42 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,493 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

this is getting out of context, of course I have, but working in a dead end job at sports direct with ahmed (who is a very nice guy) has nothing to do creating huge areas of Britain that don't mix in a social environment

people mix in the social environment that suits them

they always have done

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#43 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

they always have done

What like passing around 14 year old white girls for sex.

#44 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

they always have done

change the word mix for stay and you might be more accurate

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#45 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

I think that suits your prejuduce. Nothing else.

LUNEW.jpg

#46 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

change the word mix for stay and you might be more accurate

Change the word to cower and it might be more apt for some.

LUNEW.jpg

#47 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

I think that suits your prejuduce. Nothing else.

Not really as I am not blind but please make sure you brush stuff like that under the carpet.

#48 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,720 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

Oh for the love of $deity.

I really think you need to get your head out of whatever propaganda you've been reading and recognise that every culture has its share of nut jobs. Why not say you refuse to see a white English doctor in case he murders you or protest against white English janitors in case they abduct your child.

Either you are just plainly prejudiced or a troll. The jury is out but neither will endear you to us as a forum.

Edited by ckn, 07 November 2013 - 11:36 PM.
edited for content

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#49 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,145 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

That's pretty poor taste. Those girls have had their lives ruined.

Edited by ckn, 07 November 2013 - 11:36 PM.
deleted quote

#50 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,720 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

That's pretty poor taste. Those girls have had their lives ruined.

On reflection, I agree poor taste but just as poor taste as tarring an entire religious group of people as paedophiles. I'll delete.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#51 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,699 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

they always have done

White South Africans preferred to mix with other whites only, does that make it acceptable? Of course not.

Areas do become 'Irish' areas or 'Asian' areas but they shouldn't be no go areas. ..which seems to be the trend now.

Edited by Johnoco, 08 November 2013 - 07:30 AM.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#52 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,699 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

Oh for the love of $deity.

I really think you need to get your head out of whatever propaganda you've been reading and recognise that every culture has its share of nut jobs. Why not say you refuse to see a white English doctor in case he murders you or protest against white English janitors in case they abduct your child.

Either you are just plainly prejudiced or a troll. The jury is out but neither will endear you to us as a forum.

I don't think that is a particularly valid comparison. Refusing to see a doctor because one was a murderer once is clearly illogical. On the other hand if I am walking through an 'Asian' area at night (or even in the daytime) and am approached by a gang of 'Asian' lads, its practically assured that I will receive some racial abuse - that's not a theory, its my experience. So being weary and starting to assume that most 'Asian' men act in a certain way *can* be based on fact and not wild phobia or anything.

That's a sad state of affairs but it is pretty much the reality in a lot of places today.

#53 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24813467

"Immigrants to the UK since 2000 have made a "substantial" contribution to public finances, a report says.

The study by University College London said recent immigrants were less likely to claim benefits and live in social housing than people born in Britain.
The authors said rather than being a "drain", their contribution had been "remarkably strong"

This is excellent news, and I hope it stops some of the scaremongering by the moronic press.

All new immigarnts to the UK should be made to play Rugby League and then they will realise what a great game it is. If they are to old to play our great game they should be made to attend games ;)

#54 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:58 AM

On reflection, I agree poor taste but just as poor taste as tarring an entire religious group of people as paedophiles. I'll delete.

I didn't target an entire group.

#55 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,493 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

so child abuse is the domain of a particular racial group is it?

that's Jimmy Saville, gary glitter, Fred West, Stuart Hall etc etc etc etc off the hook then

Keeping it local

#56 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,493 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

White South Africans preferred to mix with other whites only, does that make it acceptable? Of course not.

Areas do become 'Irish' areas or 'Asian' areas but they shouldn't be no go areas. ..which seems to be the trend now.

I think you'll find apartheid had a little more going for it than that

I agree with your last sentence. There's a long history of this sort of thing.

Keeping it local

#57 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

I prefer the term "superstitious" group, but yes you're right.  Some people seem willing to criticise certain groups in an unfair and biased manner with alarming regularity.

#58 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,699 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

I think you'll find apartheid had a little more going for it than that

I agree with your last sentence. There's a long history of this sort of thing.

I have heard more than one left wing commentator excuse bigotry by members of the Pakistani community (to use one example) against different people with the argument about it being natural for people to want to mix among their own culture.

I wouldn't use that as an argument for an apartheid state.

#59 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,145 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

so child abuse is the domain of a particular racial group is it?

that's Jimmy Saville, gary glitter, Fred West, Stuart Hall etc etc etc etc off the hook then

The head of the Ramadan foundation (himself a Muslim) was prepared to say that Muslims are over-represented as abusers and their targets are most likely to be white.

This is the problem along with the fact that (according to Ann Cryer), the police were unwilling to investigate for fear of being labelled racist and the local mosque refused to get involved.

This is not something that we should shy away from.

#60 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,493 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

I have heard more than one left wing commentator excuse bigotry by members of the Pakistani community (to use one example) against different people with the argument about it being natural for people to want to mix among their own culture.

I wouldn't use that as an argument for an apartheid state.

there is no excuse for bigotry

which left wing commentators are you referring to?

Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users