Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Recent immigrants to the UK

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic

#61 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,279 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

The head of the Ramadan foundation (himself a Muslim) was prepared to say that Muslims are over-represented as abusers and their targets are most likely to be white.

This is the problem along with the fact that (according to Ann Cryer), the police were unwilling to investigate for fear of being labelled racist and the local mosque refused to get involved.

This is not something that we should shy away from.

I agree

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#62 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,957 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

there is no excuse for bigotry
which left wing commentators are you referring to?

A slight tangent here.

Recently a prominent anti-FGM (female genital mutilation) campaigner organised a petition to allow FGM on the ground that "it's their culture, we should leave it alone". She was horrified to find that it was very easy to persuade people in Northampton to sign the petition and abandoned it in half an hour. She had hoped that people would be outraged and refuse to sign.

This is what we are up against as a society. The fear of being labelled racist drives normal people to tolerate literally anything.

#63 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

A slight tangent here.

Recently a prominent anti-FGM (female genital mutilation) campaigner organised a petition to allow FGM on the ground that "it's their culture, we should leave it alone". She was horrified to find that it was very easy to persuade people in Northampton to sign the petition and abandoned it in half an hour. She had hoped that people would be outraged and refuse to sign.

This is what we are up against as a society. The fear of being labelled racist drives normal people to tolerate literally anything.

Was this the programme on C4 the other night? I didn't see it but saw it advertised.

She is however spot on. Plenty of liberal types think they are being kind and fair by allowing habits or practices to be tolerated and that were anyone else to do would be deemed outrageous. Like making young girls wear ludicrous veils for instance.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#64 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,957 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

Was this the programme on C4 the other night? I didn't see it but saw it advertised.

I wasn't aware of the C4 programme. I just read about it in the paper.

#65 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

there is no excuse for bigotry

which left wing commentators are you referring to?

I can't recall individual names, just articles in the press in times gone by.

Look at the Rushdie affair. Before that, a common thing to be heard among the left was 'they will be burning the books next'...well someone did and threatened to execute the author. The reaction from the Guardian etc?...I'm sorry I must have missed it because it wasn't very vocal. But never mind because it was their culture. Strange how since then the streets of Bradford have so many women wearing masks (because I might get the urge to rape them apparently) that they never used to wear before? That must be because despite Islam being quite old, it only became a requirement about 20 years ago...unless of course they are just making it up to be awkward of course.

#66 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

I can't recall individual names, just articles in the press in times gone by.

Look at the Rushdie affair. Before that, a common thing to be heard among the left was 'they will be burning the books next'...well someone did and threatened to execute the author. The reaction from the Guardian etc?...I'm sorry I must have missed it because it wasn't very vocal. But never mind because it was their culture. Strange how since then the streets of Bradford have so many women wearing masks (because I might get the urge to rape them apparently) that they never used to wear before? That must be because despite Islam being quite old, it only became a requirement about 20 years ago...unless of course they are just making it up to be awkward of course.

If it helps any John, I've never had you down as a potential rapist.  

#67 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

If it helps any John, I've never had you down as a potential rapist.

I am a man aren't I?

#68 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

I do not agree with MOST of what the EDL are about but didn't they do a protest outside Liverpool crown court against the Muslim grooming paedophiles being trialled yet the local so called antifascist turned to counter protest the EDL ? yet should no protest against the paedo's.

#69 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,957 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

I do not agree with MOST of what the EDL are about but didn't they do a protest outside Liverpool crown court against the Muslim grooming paedophiles being trialled yet the local so called antifascist turned to counter protest the EDL ? yet should no protest against the paedo's.

You can bet if the perpetrators had been white and the victims brown skinned Muslims then UAF and the Guardianistas would have been out in force.

#70 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

You can bet if the perpetrators had been white and the victims brown skinned Muslims then UAF and the Guardianistas would have been out in force.

I also think a lot of trouble that come's from within the Muslim community is first cousin marriage which can create genetic disorders which could explain the hot headed nature of some males.

#71 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,872 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

You can also bet that if both the perpetrators and the victims were white, the EDL would have taken their drunken mob off to cause trouble somewhere else.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#72 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 651 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

I also think a lot of trouble that come's from within the Muslim community is first cousin marriage which can create genetic disorders which could explain the hot headed nature of some males.

Wow!

Firstly, first cousin marriages cause a small increase in likelihood of congenital disorders showing theirselves as if there are recessive genes that have them then they are more likely to be able to get it from both sides, leading to it being exhibited. Same would apply for any positive genetic traits too, so if they could be congenitally predisposed to be more resistant to certain diseases. This is the less offensive comment dealt with.

As for "genetic disorder" meaning hit headed? How on earth do you draw that conclusion. Cones out of the same drawer as the idea that anyone with any sort if mental illness is a "nutjob" who should be kept away from normal people as they're probably dangerous. Frankly unbelievable prejudice.

Edited by SE4Wire, 08 November 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#73 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

I also think a lot of trouble that come's from within the Muslim community is first cousin marriage which can create genetic disorders which could explain the hot headed nature of some males.

So what you are saying is that you have no idea about the problems first cousin marriage can cause but you're just throwing a few more derogatory slurs in there because you can.

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#74 hoff

hoff
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

First cousin marriage is widespread accross cultural and religious boundries from Peru to South Asia and is certainly not limited to Muslims.

I also think a lot of trouble that come's from within the Muslim community is first cousin marriage which can create genetic disorders which could explain the hot headed nature of some males.

#75 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,279 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

A slight tangent here.

I think it does exist
Yes a tangent indeed but not a slight one
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#76 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,957 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

First cousin marriage is widespread accross cultural and religious boundries from Peru to South Asia and is certainly not limited to Muslims.

It's not an Islam thing so much as a Pakistani thing. And no other group gets close to them in the frequency of these marriages (the majority of them are cousin marriages) plus uncle-niece marriages are very common as well.

#77 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,957 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

You can also bet that if both the perpetrators and the victims were white, the EDL would have taken their drunken mob off to cause trouble somewhere else.

That's true. The EDL are not concerned with paedophilia per se, they are concerned with Islamism and some of the negative aspects of Muslim culture.

The UAF are concerned with white people and only white people being racist.

#78 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,615 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

So what you are saying is that you have no idea about the problems first cousin marriage can cause but you're just throwing a few more derogatory slurs in there because you can.

http://www.dailymail...ns-married.html

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#79 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

Yes, there's lots in there about aggression from children of first cousins....oh hang on

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#80 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

how has this gone from a thread about immigration and intergration to a thread about muslims? yet again!

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users