Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Parking in Hull

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

Any tips or recommended parking in Hull on Saturday?

Don't want to walk too far as Dad has a touch of arthritis in the hip.  I'm guessing there is limited parking at the stadium?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#2 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

If you want to be there really early (10-11am) you'll get parked at the stadium. On the other thread about this many have suggested using the park and ride, which is apparently very good.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#3 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Can you still park in the hospital car park?

#4 Northern Eel

Northern Eel
  • Coach
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Can you still park in the hospital car park?

Yes - and over 1000 spaces too.

#5 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Cheers!

#6 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

Cheers!

You won't say that when you see the prices! :-/

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#7 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Never been to the KC (or Hull), so looking forward to it!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#8 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Never been to the KC (or Hull), so looking forward to it!

We look forward to seeing you at the best stadium in Super League. :D

#9 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

Whatever you do, do not take any parking advice off Old Faithful. ;)

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

#10 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

If you want to be there really early (10-11am) you'll get parked at the stadium. On the other thread about this many have suggested using the park and ride, which is apparently very good.

The park and ride is very well organised with empty buses queuing up to take you back at the final whistle.

There is also on street parking off Chamberlain Avenue on the far side of Spring Bank West, giving a five to ten minute walk to the ground.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#11 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Any tips or recommended parking in Hull on Saturday?

Yes, don't.

#12 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

park and ride is well run , I wouldn't try and park near the ground

#13 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,372 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

The park and ride is very well organised with empty buses queuing up to take you back at the final whistle.

There is also on street parking off Chamberlain Avenue on the far side of Spring Bank West, giving a five to ten minute walk to the ground.

From your description, John, I think you must mean Chanterlands Avenue. There isn't as much on street parking available as there used to be because the streets off there nearest the KC are now part of the restricted zone.

Your time at Reckitts must have really left its mark on you. Chamberlain Road was their sports ground.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#14 faithfulbyname

faithfulbyname
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

Park and Ride is best, used it many times at international RL games, a lot quicker than waiting to get out of the KC car park.

#15 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

He wouldn't know about parking on match day, his missus is his own personal taxi driver! :-D

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

No, don't.

You could always take advice from me though.  :rolleyes:

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#17 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

Stay clear of the hospital car park...a long walk for someone with a disability, very expensive and short of spaces on an afternoon at visiting time ...don't be anti social!

#18 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

From your description, John, I think you must mean Chanterlands Avenue. There isn't as much on street parking available as there used to be because the streets off there nearest the KC are now part of the restricted zone.

Your time at Reckitts must have really left its mark on you. Chamberlain Road was their sports ground.

Oops you are so right. Should have looked it up first.

I'll leave it to those with up to date knowledge. Cheers

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#19 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:33 AM

Oops you are so right. Should have looked it up first.

I'll leave it to those with up to date knowledge. Cheers

You forgot to add "Smart a**e" at the end.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#20 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,372 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

He wouldn't know about parking on match day, his missus is his own personal taxi driver! :-D

Gives him the opportunity for some drive-by abuse of those of us walking home down Princes Ave too.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users