RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ex Kiwis at your club

Any Ponsonby old boys?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gnidir

gnidir
  • Coach
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

Firstly, I hope this isn't breaking any forum rules, but wondering if you know of any ex Ponsonby Ponies players at your club?

Ponsonby are the oldest club in NZ and are still going, playing bang in the centre of Auckland. Ive been doing some research on club history, and at current, I can name, David Solomona, Sia Soliola, the Bentley brothers, Don Mann, and a whole bunch of ex Kiwi internationals that have played in Europe.

I was wondering if you remember any Ponsonby players who have turned out for your club, id love to hear from you guys.

For the record, we don't lay any claim to Paul Koloi or Doc Murray ;)

Ponsonby ponies are also on Facebook if you want to check them out, I won't post links as I don't want to break any rules, but search and you shall find!   Thanks everyone!

#2 daveh

daveh
  • Coach
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

We had a guy called Steve Carey who played for us at Barrow back in 1992/3 season,he had also had a spell at Whitehaven in 1991/2

• gnidir likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users