Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

A Question of Sport

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 St Reatham

St Reatham
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

am assuming big Mal was maybe a mystery guest or something..

There was a clip of him scoring a try at Wembley.

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

I long ago gave up on this show, however the Cook Island attempted try against Tonga would have to feature on 'what happened next'. However it would be impossible to explain how!

Are the HK bookmakers following the RLWC? (Expect to see this in The Times shortly!)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#23 paulalmanack

paulalmanack
  • Coach
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

A question of sport had its day about 20 years ago.... Its like last of the summer wine, nobody has the heart to say "look its embarassing now". QOS just became they think its all over. All sports panel games are horrible to watch.

#24 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,870 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

I think they still keep going with QoS because it's less hassle than cancelling it and dealing with complaints from the easily-amused.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#25 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

It is a poor show, however at least rugby league seems to get its steady flow of players on the show, probably due to its locality ie Salford, therefore ease of having northern based players available to attend, rather than anything else.

I was disappointed though that the rugby league World Cup game between England and Fiji wasn't advertised directly after the show, this not being the case with rugby union as there were 4 rugby union games plugged for Saturday afternoon/ tea time. Disappointed again by the bbc.

#26 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

rugby league gets more mentions on the chase than it does on question of sport........
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#27 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

I think they still keep going with QoS because it's less hassle than cancelling it and dealing with complaints from the easily-amused.

Also presumably it's very cheap to make and I think is part of their sport remit (think it's made by BBC Sport). Similar to how it's unlikely the SLS will go entirely national as it counts towards the BBC's commitment to their "local/regional" remit

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#28 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

Are the HK bookmakers following the RLWC? (Expect to see this in The Times shortly!)

After watching PNG inability to catch the ball and give the ball away close to thier try line, and the inempt tackle attempts in the first half, I think you might be onto something.

#29 St Reatham

St Reatham
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

I was disappointed though that the rugby league World Cup game between England and Fiji wasn't advertised directly after the show, this not being the case with rugby union as there were 4 rugby union games plugged for Saturday afternoon/ tea time. Disappointed again by the bbc.

As was I. I really cannot understand why the BBC don't promote something they are showing. There is either severe ineptitude or a definite agenda.

#30 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 620 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

is question of sport still on? wow, what a load of tripe!

#31 wirecab

wirecab
  • Coach
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

England win RLWC 2013- James Roby team captain on QoS 2023

Who would replace Tufnell??????

#32 SteveT

SteveT
  • Players
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

Do you mean Singapore?

#33 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

I've thought for a long time that QOS would be greatly improved by four of five hand grenades being thrown into the studio at random times throughout the filming, with the pins out of course.

Edited by Larry the Leit, 08 November 2013 - 09:53 AM.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#34 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

I've thought for a long time that QOS would be greatly improved by four of five hand grenades being thrown into the studio at random times throughout the filming, with the pins out of course.

The look of fear on their faces as they try to carry on with the matey banter, waiting for that chink chink sound as a grenade rolls across the floor, priceless.