Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

James Robinson

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 town faithful

town faithful
  • Coach
  • 869 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

James is playing his testimonial match on Saturday 9th Novemeber at Derwent park adults £5.00 kids £2.00 and consessions £3.00 family ticket £10.00 lets get down and support this great guy in his testimonial year...kick off is 1pm and the England world cup match will be on in the bar afterwards...

#2 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

Surely the guy deserves better than this kind of publicity for this game ??

Come on he's played at derwent park for years but has played second fiddle to thackrays testimonial all year !!

#3 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

I will defo be there!

#4 town faithful

town faithful
  • Coach
  • 869 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:08 AM

Yes you are correct on both comments we have posters up and it's all over facebook and I think it's going in the paper, there is also a boxing match next Saturday 16th.....someone said we should put it on here so we have.

#5 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

I'm not bagging you for putting it on here - but this is the first I've heard of it ... Nothing on the main site - no one seems to know about it - few posters last Sunday surely wouldn't have gone a miss ?

I just found it very strange how the club were hell bent on organising / publicising thackrays events - and it comes to this where a post on a forum tells us there's a game for him 3 days beforehand !!

Come on town ffs !

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,542 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

I'm not bagging you for putting it on here - but this is the first I've heard of it ... Nothing on the main site - no one seems to know about it - few posters last Sunday surely wouldn't have gone a miss ?

I just found it very strange how the club were hell bent on organising / publicising thackrays events - and it comes to this where a post on a forum tells us there's a game for him 3 days beforehand !!

Come on town ffs !

there was posters on the way into the ground on sunday.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#7 Nero

Nero
  • Coach
  • 711 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

Surely the guy deserves better than this kind of publicity for this game ??

Come on he's played at derwent park for years but has played second fiddle to thackrays testimonial all year !!

Thacks only had a 3 month testimonial, April, May & June, Cotters is 12 months. The events were published when we asked, if you ask you get!

#8 Nero

Nero
  • Coach
  • 711 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

Come on town ffs !

The club didn't organise anything for Thacks or Cotter, the testimonial committees do it, anything that is publicised has to be asked for, if an event isn't publicised its because nobody from the committee's asked for it to be.

#9 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

good luck to cotter today hope he gets a good turn out

#10 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

Would have thought this would have been better played as a Curtain Raiser before the Ike game. Better chance of a bigger crowd.

HW

#11 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

When is the ike game this year

#12 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hope it was a decent turn-out
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#13 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

There was a few,do no ex players keep fit these days thought some of them shirts were gonna burst..oh and les ashe needs to learn to tackle better ha
go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

#14 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

Double post. sorry

Edited by ChunkyOnion, 10 November 2013 - 10:28 AM.

Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#15 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

Does anyone have a team sheet from yesterday's game? I would have loved to have been there to celebrate little lion man cotter!! But work says otherwise.

#16 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

I heard a crack brad hepi played, anyone know if it was true

#17 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

No he didn't turn up