Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Season Ends Awards

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 6brackendale

6brackendale
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Any thoughts on which players will be awarded player of the year for each NCL division ?

#2 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Scott Obrien of the Miners must be in with a shout ?

#3 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Spaven has been good

#4 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

Spaven has been good

Spaven has been paid good

#5 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

That may be the case and believe me I am not a west hull fan but I do think he has been terrific for them, in my opinion one of the best all round players in the league

#6 Historical value

Historical value
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

Garrod

#7 bountyhunter

bountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:00 AM

when r the noms released

#8 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

spavens nailed on for the jackanory award !

#9 6brackendale

6brackendale
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

Scott Obrien is a cracking player - we played against Miners in the cup this year. A great player and a really nice lad to talk with after the game. Would be a well deserved award

#10 Caspar

Caspar
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

Spaven only has 3 m.o.ms this season obrian 7 garrod 6 but Danny rowse has 10 if you look on the NCL website stats are they anything to with nominations for player of year?

#11 bountyhunter

bountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

How do they pick the winner

#12 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

Pilks Recs have announced on their Facebook page that Danny Lynch has been nominated for them in Div 3

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#13 hairywombat

hairywombat
  • Coach
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

star

Spaven only has 3 m.o.ms this season obrian 7 garrod 6 but Danny rowse has 10 if you look on the NCL website stats are they anything to with nominations for player of year?

Mom's don't have any influence at all Caspar, probably only right too as standards could be different week on week. The other thing to think about is the positions the mom's play in, hookers and halfbacks for instance.  

#14 bluearmy

bluearmy
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

Danny Rowse as Bn outstanding for lock lane this year apart from 1 game but as won lots ov games for the club so him for me

#15 bluearmy

bluearmy
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

Danny Rowse as Bn outstanding for lock lane this year apart from 1 game but.....
He's Bn a big part of lock lanes wins this year

#16 barbara henderson

barbara henderson
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

star

Mom's don't have any influence at all Caspar, probably only right too as standards could be different week on week. The other thing to think about is the positions the mom's play in, hookers and halfbacks for instance.  

I have a feeling the number of M of M awards does have some bearing on who is nominated. 

#17 Caspar

Caspar
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

star

yes your right 6/7/9 always get the plaudits and its always opposition coach who picks mom and they always pick those players because they have the ball most they don't see a prop doing 15 hit ups and 30 tackles only notice when opposition score usually half who sets it up

#18 hairywombat

hairywombat
  • Coach
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

I have a feeling the number of M of M awards does have some bearing on who is nominated.

Are you sure Barbara because it certainly never used to.

#19 Historical value

Historical value
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

The opposition coach, may pick the mom for the opponents, some times he gets it right, sometimes he's not got a clue, some times he takes the proverbial. So I would not use that as a good tool, for player of the year.one thing is for sure, a siddal player wont be in it. As they don't and never had many, or any friends on the ncl administration.

#20 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

yes your right 6/7/9 always get the plaudits and its always opposition coach who picks mom and they always pick those players because they have the ball most they don't see a prop doing 15 hit ups and 30 tackles only notice when opposition score usually half who sets it up

Gary middlehurst won it from loose forward and second row

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users