Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

"Widdop rested"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jprover

jprover
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

When I read this, I assumed it must be some sort of a joke. But no, it is true. After twenty minutes or so of action in the first two matches, S Mc has decided Widdop needs a rest. How can anyone take McNamara seriously?

All we can hope is that after he has had his rest, he will be ready to take over from Chase for the remaining match(es).

#2 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

Reckon Chase and Burrow myself as the half backs. Good combination even if Burrow is initially picked at hooker. The play well together. Certainly open up the opposition.

#3 Rodill Rover

Rodill Rover
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

I am not convinced of Chase at international level (not even thinking of his dark side here) , in the game against Fiji he had more than a touch of a headless chicken about him with his team mates having no clue what he was doing next, then as soon as he was cornered he threw the ball out blind for others to pick up often getting them clattered.

Burrow and Widdop for me with Chase to replace Burrow if the need arises.

#4 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

Well Widdop picked for New Zealand game. Only hope he gives Burrow a chance to shine at half back. New blood new ideas, but has he left it a bit late?

#5 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

I am not convinced of Chase at international level (not even thinking of his dark side here) , in the game against Fiji he had more than a touch of a headless chicken about him with his team mates having no clue what he was doing next, then as soon as he was cornered he threw the ball out blind for others to pick up often getting them clattered.

Burrow and Widdop for me with Chase to replace Burrow if the need arises.

Spot on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users