Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

6:09 now no  word yet.Who is it?

#3 Phil. K

Phil. K
  • Coach
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

There is now

My name is Phil . . . . I am a Rugby League Supporter ! http://www.barrowrlfc.com

Posted Image

#4 Phil. K

Phil. K
  • Coach
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

Dominic Speakman from St Helen's

My name is Phil . . . . I am a Rugby League Supporter ! http://www.barrowrlfc.com

Posted Image

#5 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

Think he played as hooker for rochdale most of last season on DR

#6 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

See link.................

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/team/74

Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#7 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

Wouldn't call it a massive signing

#8 drewjak

drewjak
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Filling James Robys boots takes some doing and this kid did ! If saints hsf faith in him then that says even more

#9 shawy13

shawy13
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

Filling James Robys boots takes some doing and this kid did ! If saints hsf faith in him then that says even more

He came off the bench in 1 game, hardly filling Robys boots. The fact that he wasn't given a chance and Saints opted for Howarth who is average at best says plenty.

Edited by shawy13, 07 November 2013 - 09:05 PM.

#10 weststiger

weststiger
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

C'mon you lot give the kid a break,we have not kicked a ball in anger yet,be positive;need a couple of experienced prop-forwards to look after him though.

#11 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

He came off the bench in 1 game, hardly filling Robys boots. The fact that he wasn't given a chance and Saints opted for Howarth who is average at best says plenty.

How many times did Danny Jones play for the first team?

#12 Campeze

Campeze
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:47 AM

C'mon you lot give the kid a break,we have not kicked a ball in anger yet,be positive;need a couple of experienced prop-forwards to look after him though.

Pete Murphy

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com

#13 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

Tonight at 6pm big announcement of a super league signing

Wouldn't call it a massive signing

I'm all for geeing up interest but there's a bit too much hyperbole flying around. Telling people there's a 'massive' signing is bound to fall flat unless it's a big name.

#14 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

I'm all for geeing up interest but there's a bit too much hyperbole flying around. Telling people there's a 'massive' signing is bound to fall flat unless it's a big name.

that's what was said on the facebook page "massive announcement"

#15 STW

STW
  • Coach
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

How many times did Danny Jones play for the first team?

Takes me back to a couple of years ago when we had some Superleague fringe players, who couldn't break into the first teams at their respective clubs,here on loan. Nobody had heard of any of them at the time...Jermaine Mcgillvray, Joe Wardle, Adam Walker from Huddersfield & Lee Mossop and Jack Hughes from Wigan. Look where they are now?

Andy Ellis couldn't even hold down a regular berth in Hull KRs Championship side when he came over here.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it!

Steve W

#16 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

Im a lot more optimistic about this season than I was at the beggining of last year thats for sure

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#17 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

I totally agree with Dave, this is a good signing but to describe it as "MASSIVE"  is gilding the lily to say the least.

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#18 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

Very happy with the way the squad's coming together but worried we're running out of superlatives for magnitude.

#19 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

I am quite happy with this signing and the fact that we are recruiting hungry young players who will probably want to put themselves in the shop window,I would think that Anthony Murray will strive to get the best from them in his first role as a pro coach also.

What we as fans need to do is get behind the lads and make them feel 100ft tall when they run onto the pitch,this will bring out the best in them.

With not much cash to spend I feel the BOD are going in the right direction with this,it's all about building back up what has been broken,we ain't going to be playoff contenders but if we win our home games and give some of the bigger teams a shock i'll be happy!

#20 weststiger

weststiger
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

I'm not so sure about that ,as I said previous, we need a couple of experienced forwards to look after the young halfs then I think we will give the bigger teams a shake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users