THE FACTS ABOUT BENEFITS.
1. The actual Benefit fraud rate is 0.7%; or roughly £1.2bn a year.
2. 99.2% of all out-of-work benefit claims are made by British-born citizens. 99.3% of all claims are legitimate.
1. Even if that is true, and why would the Civil Service quote £2billion, it equates to £20 for every person in Britain. I begrudge giving £20 to cheating scroungers and I object to my daughter (who has three children) arguably contributing £80 to them.
2. Bradford is at least one-quarter full of British-born citizens from non-traditional ethnic groupings; in social terms that is a minor fact but is conveniently used as an inclusive device to deflect attention from the major issue ... religious grouping.
Many (most??) Moslems marry their cousins and the community has a high prevalence of importing non-educated and non-anglophone spouses from Pakistan and Bangladesh. The indigenous Bradford Moslems have not, as a social grouping, achieved the educational standards of other ethnic groupings and have a much higher rate of unemployment. They are far more likely (typically?) to bring their children up in a non-English-speaking home. Their offspring have a higher incidence of congenital disorders, particularly deafness.
In short, the Bradford Moslems are commonly considered by the city's non Moslems to place a much higher burden on the benefits, social security, education and health services than contemporary religious groupings. I genuinely think this to be true, but am willing to retract that opinion if the government and council provide clear evidence to the contrary.
Whenever you fill in an official form or job application, you are required to complete a social / religious profiling form. Central and local government has these statistics and could readily produce its figures by additional social groupings that are more specific than "Ethnic Asian" or British-Born". I wonder why they don't.
Slag me off as much as you want, but also: -
- if you get the opportunity, be prepared to discuss the issue with any Bradfordian of Hidu, Sikh or West Indian ethnicity.
- ignoring this issue does no favours whatsoever for young muslim children who will endure family-applied stumbling blocks to their chances of social and career progress.
Edited by Wolford6, 09 November 2013 - 11:27 AM.