Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Benefit sanction targets

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#41 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,078 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

If you look back in this thread you will see that WearyRhino has produced figures, rather than anecdotes.

So did I.

http://blogs.channel...rspective/15796

Now you produce some.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#42 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

However, our mores are derived from a historic Christian background.

No. On the contrary, Christianity derives it's mores from the cultures in which it predominates. This is why there are many variants, orthodoxies and national churches.

LUNEW.jpg

#43 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,078 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

Either way, we follow a code outlined in judaic scripture.

#44 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,914 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

Who is this 'we' you speak of?
I don't follow that code
What would become if me if you had your way? According to you I'm not even properly British
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#45 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

No we don't.

LUNEW.jpg

#46 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,078 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

What would become if me if you had your way? According to you I'm not even properly British

Tell the truth, I'm not really that bothered.

#47 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

So did I.

http://blogs.channel...rspective/15796

Now you produce some.

Oh so I can only form an argument if I have personally produced some figures. Sorry but I'm not a demographer, so I can't personally produce figures for this topic. However I would normally use other people's research, but since that isn't allowed then I can't help you.

#48 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,078 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

You accused me of only producing anecdotal evidence, not hard facts. It was actually me that introduced hard facts to this thread, and I pointed this out. No hard feelings.

If you haven't got any hard facts, I'll accept anecdotal evidence from you. I trust you to be telling the truth, the same as I have always done.

#49 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,002 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

Anyone who thinks benefit cheating is not rife does not know what they are talking about, in fact they simply do not have a clue.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#50 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

I don't think that 'benefit cheat is rife' is the issue here. The issue is overall cost, yes it is stealing for us, but then again so is petty theft, 'whiplash' insurance claims etc. All ultimately cost us, either as a consumer or a tax payer.

The issue is to put this into proportion, yes we could (and should) employ more investigators and chase these up, but then we get into an economic arguement, would you approve of an expanded public sector to pursue this final fraction of one percent of the the welfare budget.

Edited by Bostik Bailey, 10 November 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#51 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

Anyone who thinks benefit cheating is not rife does not know what they are talking about, in fact they simply do not have a clue.

So the figures are incorrect then Johnoco? I bet we all pay out more in raised car insurance due to underage drivers, fraudulent claims and ambulance chasing claims groups than we do in tax to cover benefit cheats.

I don't have the stats, but the 0.7% figure you seem to have an issue with. Why is this?

#52 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,002 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

So the figures are incorrect then Johnoco? I bet we all pay out more in raised car insurance due to underage drivers, fraudulent claims and ambulance chasing claims groups than we do in tax to cover benefit cheats.

I don't have the stats, but the 0.7% figure you seem to have an issue with. Why is this?

Because I know a hell of a lot of people on the fiddle to one degree or another. Some are just greedy but some are forced to do it. Either way it is rife.

Nb this ranges from people earning on the side to claiming housing benefit when partners live there. ..and various points in between.

#53 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

Because I know a hell of a lot of people on the fiddle to one degree or another. Some are just greedy but some are forced to do it. Either way it is rife.

Nb this ranges from people earning on the side to claiming housing benefit when partners live there. ..and various points in between.

As a good upstanding member if the community what steps have you taken to remedy this?

#54 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,914 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

https://www.gov.uk/r...t-benefit-fraud

there you go john  get it sorted

it's all confidential and you'll be doing your bit to sort these despicable people who makee you so angry.

I'd be interested to know the outcome

Keeping it local

#55 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,002 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

https://www.gov.uk/r...t-benefit-fraud

there you go john get it sorted
it's all confidential and you'll be doing your bit to sort these despicable people who makee you so angry.
I'd be interested to know the outcome

Who says I am angry about it? I am just reporting what goes on. I couldn't give a monkeys if I am honest.

#56 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,914 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

Who says I am angry about it? I am just reporting what goes on. I couldn't give a monkeys if I am honest.

I see

ehy did you feel the need to 'report what goes on' if you don't give a monkeys?

why not report what goes on to the people who can actually do something about it? It takes the same ammount of effort as it does to post on a forum and you will be doing something to sort ther problem

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 10 November 2013 - 10:18 AM.

Keeping it local

#57 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,002 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

I see

ehy did you feel the need to 'report what goes on' if you don't give a monkeys?

why not report what goes on to the people who can actually do something about it? It takes the same ammount of effort as it does to post on a forum and you will be doing something to sort ther problem

Because gingerjon said benefit fraud was not a big problem. I argue that it is. This is because the government figures only include the stuff they know about, there are millions of people that they don't know about on one scam or another. The government for instance would have us believe that there are only 1.3 million unemployed.

And if you think I am going round the neighbourhood reporting everyone not being 100% legit, well lol is all I can say.

#58 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,914 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

Because gingerjon said benefit fraud was not a big problem. I argue that it is. This is because the government figures only include the stuff they know about, there are millions of people that they don't know about on one scam or another. The government for instance would have us believe that there are only 1.3 million unemployed.

And if you think I am going round the neighbourhood reporting everyone not being 100% legit, well lol is all I can say.

you wont be going round the neighbourhood since you already know about these people and the service is confidential, and you will be helping to solve what you say is a 'big problem'

Keeping it local

#59 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,002 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

you wont be going round the neighbourhood since you already know about these people and the service is confidential, and you will be helping to solve what you say is a 'big problem'

You seem really bothered about it, you report them. I aren't that arsed about it

#60 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,914 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

You seem really bothered about it, you report them. I aren't that arsed about it

I haven't expressed concern about it: you have. I just suggested a way of dealing with it

I don't know any benefit cheats anyway 

Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users