• 180 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

But I wonder who paid more money :/ , and we are still getting a quailty player

#22 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

Aye good winger nixon marra plenty of pace cant think how that young lad was saying you lot got first refusal on ainscough I heard 4 or 5 weeks ago he was signing for haven

#23 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

Oracle you'd turn down a guy who scored over 30 tries in one season because he had one bad one?

Tom Heighton

#24 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

Very wary of Ainscough. He seems to have become a bit of a hot potato.

#25 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

Raiders 94 knows his stuff,says ainscough hasn't played for 2 years,maybe he can explain how he manage to be top try scorer last season for his team in oz 😃😃👅

#26 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

Well what team was that H4E?

#27 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

Well what team was that H4E?

was a team in the NSW cup one of the feeder clubs to the NRL and he played for Bradford in SL the year before so all in all is last 2 years haven,t been too bad

#28 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

Mistake there it wasn,t a team in the NSW cup it was South City Bulls which is some Sydney based league

#29 bwa

bwa
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Rather have a good local than all the trouble and cost you can get with an equivalent traveller!!

#30 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 563 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

Just seen Nico's picture in the paper, looks like he put a bit of muscle on since last season.

Can't be bad.

Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#31 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

H4E fair enough but if a young super league player joined a local amatuer team youd expect top try scorer we will see how he goes but not expecting much from him

Tom Heighton

#32 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

H4E fair enough but if a young super league player joined a local amatuer team youd expect top try scorer we will see how he goes but not expecting much from him

in all fairness your probably only saying that cause we haven't signed him

#33 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

in all fairness your probably only saying that cause we haven't signed him

Why? Weve just signed dalton grant, the young lad from warrington and james nixon more than happy with that! Just saying im not expecting him to be as good as haven fans are expecting he may prove me wrong but we will see.

Tom Heighton

#34 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

A few forwards and a quality centre then we'll have a decent squad

#35 weststiger

weststiger
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

Wagga-wagga group9,nsw,a league for young 19 year old up and comers or guys just wanting a run out over the week end,8th or 9th tier of Ozie rugby league tier.

#36 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:44 AM

From a town point of view I'm impressed at your squad so far kudos Murray,
As from a Cumbrian point of view 2 or 3 of us getting in the playoffs would be great!

#37 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

I'm happy with the recruitments at the moment, just think we're signing too many kids and not much experience, a few big line busting props and ill be happy

#38 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

Oracle you'd turn down a guy who scored over 30 tries in one season because he had one bad one?

His last 2/3 seasons were poor, just looked disinterested and didn't get involves in games unless the ball was passed/kicked to him directly as he never went looking for it nor scooted from dummy half after a fullback returned a kick to relive pressure off forwards.

Ive never denied he was a good one in the past, just that you cant live off former achievements.

Im happy to be proven wrong, I hope he does have a blinder and sets Craven Park alight again with blistering pace, but until then he will remain, in my opinion, a player who spends more time with hands on hips than with ball in hand

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#39 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

His last 2/3 seasons were poor, just looked disinterested and didn't get involves in games unless the ball was passed/kicked to him directly as he never went looking for it nor scooted from dummy half after a fullback returned a kick to relive pressure off forwards.
Ive never denied he was a good one in the past, just that you cant live off former achievements.
Im happy to be proven wrong, I hope he does have a blinder and sets Craven Park alight again with blistering pace, but until then he will remain, in my opinion, a player who spends more time with hands on hips than with ball in hand

Agree with all of that

#40 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

I'm happy with the recruitments at the moment, just think we're signing too many kids and not much experience, a few big line busting props and ill be happy

Haven were linked with Emmit, former Saints and Cas front Rower who showed plenty of potential in his younger days, and still only 25/26 now - That would be a cracking signing for us

Also, whats Eamon OCarroll doing these days? didn't he get released by Widnes?

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users