Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Murderer should be shown leniency says a posh bloke that's never met him.

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#41 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,544 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

I've lost good friends in Afghanistan.At the hands of Taliban disguised as policemen,I don't recall people on here calling for them to be given life sentences.So good for you,you survived,my friends didn't.Maybe now you can understand why i think this is utter garbage. 

Vengeance isn't the job of the army.  It's there to enforce the political will of the government.  As it stands, we are signed up to many different military conventions that expressly prohibit conduct like this and it was rightly tried as murder.  It's utterly irrelevant what our enemies or opponents do as long as we obey our own laws.  Murder is murder regardless of who's on either end of the gun.

Also, discipline is what saves lives.  An idiot with a gun is an utter liability who doesn't deserve to wear a uniform.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#42 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

Vengeance isn't the job of the army.  It's there to enforce the political will of the government.  As it stands, we are signed up to many different military conventions that expressly prohibit conduct like this and it was rightly tried as murder.  It's utterly irrelevant what our enemies or opponents do as long as we obey our own laws.  Murder is murder regardless of who's on either end of the gun.

Also, discipline is what saves lives.  An idiot with a gun is an utter liability who doesn't deserve to wear a uniform.

True, discipline does save lives,but being pushed to the limit can also take lives,as you yourself should know.I've had my say.I'm leaving it at that before I say something that would get me a ban. ;)

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 09 November 2013 - 08:38 PM.

Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#43 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

I've lost good friends in Afghanistan.At the hands of Taliban disguised as policemen,I don't recall people on here calling for them to be given life sentences.So good for you,you survived,my friends didn't.Maybe now you can understand why i think this is utter garbage.

Don't be so ridiculous ALL murderers deserve a life sentence. Nobody has said otherwise except in your reactionary head.

LUNEW.jpg

#44 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

Vengeance isn't the job of the army. It's there to enforce the political will of the government. As it stands, we are signed up to many different military conventions that expressly prohibit conduct like this and it was rightly tried as murder. It's utterly irrelevant what our enemies or opponents do as long as we obey our own laws. Murder is murder regardless of who's on either end of the gun.

Also, discipline is what saves lives. An idiot with a gun is an utter liability who doesn't deserve to wear a uniform.

I'm really pleased to read this from you CKN. In the past you've posted something that I considered to the contrary in terms of principle.

#45 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

This is of no relevance to this thread and you know it.

You should be a labour councillor as you go far.

#46 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

What a load of utter garbage.  There are rules of civilised conflict that must be obeyed.

Said as a former soldier with the medals in wars to prove it.

Nothing civilised about war or conflict and Dam the heads that put us there.

#47 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

He has been found guilty. Tell him he is a silly boy and then let him carry on as a Marine.

The Taliban got what he deserved.

#48 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

You should be a labour councillor as you go far.

What have party politics got to do with this?

#49 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

"We" aren't doing anything,the nations armed forces are,at the order of our government.

I'm paying.
And I don't want to. We will come out of Afghanistan without having solved anything, without improving the lot of the inhabitants and with a lot of British families bearing the cost in heartbreak for years to come.
When our forces volunteered to join up they signed to put themselves in harms way. Too often it is the families that were left at home that pay the cost.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#50 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

What have party politics got to do with this?

You been brainwashed since birth ? have you.

#51 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

You been brainwashed since birth ? have you.

Do you feel that this answers my question?

#52 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,919 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

I'm paying.
And I don't want to. We will come out of Afghanistan without having solved anything, without improving the lot of the inhabitants and with a lot of British families bearing the cost in heartbreak for years to come.
When our forces volunteered to join up they signed to put themselves in harms way. Too often it is the families that were left at home that pay the cost.

We have changed a lot in Afghanistan, some choose not to see it. Understandable why.

But don't write off what has been done and achieved because of your own prejudice.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#53 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

Do you feel that this answers my question?

Talk normal not like it's a class room full of Philosophy student's.

#54 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

We have changed a lot in Afghanistan, some choose not to see it. Understandable why.

But don't write off what has been done and achieved because of your own prejudice.

It will be like a bucket of water -when we take our hands out there won't be one iota of difference.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#55 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,471 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

Thanks for that.

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#56 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

If it was the other way round do you think the Taliban fighter's would been more lenient ?

Do you think we need to show higher standards?
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#57 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

Don't be so ridiculous ALL murderers deserve a life sentence. Nobody has said otherwise except in your reactionary head.

Yeah,reactionary,whatever.male genitals.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 10 November 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#58 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,073 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Talk normal not like it's a class room full of Philosophy student's.

you object when people pull you up about the way you express yourself  yet you say this. I suggest you look hypocrite up.

I doubt whether you have a clue what a classroom full of philosphy students even remotely resembles

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#59 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,617 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

"We" aren't doing anything,the nations armed forces are,at the order of our government.

He wasn't told to do what he did by the Govt, though. 

#60 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

He wasn't told to do what he did by the Govt, though. 

You know,what,I really don't care anymore.Go ahead and be all bleeding heart for the death of a terrorist.Whinge and moan about poppies.I'm tired of people being offended on behalf of others.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 10 November 2013 - 06:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users