TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

What's going on?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

First we had the news that Hock had been thrown out of the squad and Graham had been left out of the Australia game because of unsanctioned late-night boozing, now Zak Hardaker is gone for similar reasons apparently. Are these players unable to carry their club rules into the England set-up? I'm sue that drunkenness and late nights are not allowed at Super League clubs.

If these idiots ever get selected again it will be too soon for me.

Unfortunately I was never good enough to play the game but had I had the chance it would have been grasped with both hands and I would have been proud to wear the England shirt for real!

Shame on every one of them!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#2 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

Agree 100% (this is an achievable percentage)
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#3 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

After just hearing about the sad passing of Steve Prescott it's a shame that these booze-swilling no-marks couldn't have behaved more like him!

Steve's career will shine on like a beacon that any youngster setting out on a Rugby League career should follow and not the muppets whose only headlines are on the scandal pages!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#4 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

After just hearing about the sad passing of Steve Prescott it's a shame that these booze-swilling no-marks couldn't have behaved more like him!

Steve's career will shine on like a beacon that any youngster setting out on a Rugby League career should follow and not the muppets whose only headlines are on the scandal pages!

Pugwash.

Was just going to post about Steve Prescott, a very sad day. Did a heck of a lot of fund raising for his cancer charity.

RIP Steve.

3707992.png

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#5 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 512 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:50 AM

Hock and graham already had form so whoever was responsible for their selection was at fault - what you see is what you get. The sad part is they prevented other blokes who don't ignore their responsibilities from being in the squad.

I have no idea whether Hardaker has previous transgressions.

#6 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

The latest is that Billy Slater was arrested for fighting until it came out that he was retaliating to an aggressor outside a Manchester bar. This took place at 02:40, is it any time for players competing in a World Cup to be out drinking? Does it take one toe-rag with a knife to make all the headlines with a murder to make everyone think about some rules during the competition?

They are all professionals it just remains for them, all of them, to start acting like professionals!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#7 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

The latest is that Billy Slater was arrested for fighting until it came out that he was retaliating to an aggressor outside a Manchester bar. This took place at 02:40, is it any time for players competing in a World Cup to be out drinking? Does it take one toe-rag with a knife to make all the headlines with a murder to make everyone think about some rules during the competition?

They are all professionals it just remains for them, all of them, to start acting like professionals!

Pugwash.

http://www.dailymail...lf-defence.html

A large VAT Dave please.

#8 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

Yes,it certainly beggars belief.but it`s never ending with these blokes,and that includes all the other codes too. I think there`s a certain amount of false freedom involved here,being away from the toil and strife,so might as well get on the turps while I can,and of course there`s always plenty of young ladies looking to score a top player too. I don`t think Tim Sheens will be too impressed,all these blokes should be on a strict curfew as it`s clear anything can happen. As Puggy pointed out,how long will it be before some idiot with a knife or gun will want to make a name for himself,a la the bloke who shot John Lennon.  

#9 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 512 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

On the other hand there are so many micky mouse games in the expanded world cup and a week between each one - lets face it by the end of the tournament the aussies will have played three meaningful games in 6 weeks. A long time to have 20+ players around with little to do.

Yes the tournament is great for the minnows to play each other - but for the big two - its a long drag.

I don't condone it but I can understand it.

Looks like the semi final line up could be identical to last time, good trivia question might be who was prime minister the last time Wales won a world cup game! I suppose it means we need to put even more money into developing the game there - or find some aussies with taffy relatives.

#10 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

I'm not saying they can't have a drink but there's a difference between having a pint after a meal and falling out of a club after two in the morning. Where are you liable to find trouble, the hotel bar or a dark Manchester street in the wee small hours when everyone would fight anyone for looking at his girlfriend!!!

After watching the brutal encounter between Samoa and France I think Samoa may be a few players light for the next round. At times I wondered whether the referee would ever consider using a card and I thought it might need someone to pull a knife out, he had no control whatsoever and looked way out of his depth at this level.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#11 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

On the other hand there are so many micky mouse games in the expanded world cup and a week between each one - lets face it by the end of the tournament the aussies will have played three meaningful games in 6 weeks. A long time to have 20+ players around with little to do.

Yes the tournament is great for the minnows to play each other - but for the big two - its a long drag.

I don't condone it but I can understand it.

Looks like the semi final line up could be identical to last time, good trivia question might be who was prime minister the last time Wales won a world cup game! I suppose it means we need to put even more money into developing the game there - or find some aussies with taffy relatives.

PM, Lloyd George ?.

p00ggr0j.jpg?nodefault=true

Did a good trade in knighthoods, only charged a 1,000 quid for one .

A large VAT Dave please.

#12 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

Apparently the Samoans are now caught up in some trouble in France!

Up to 11 of the 2013 squad were reported to have been involved in a late night drinking session that led to a number of incidents between members of the squad and the public. Apparently this ended up with some failing to attend training the next day.

It's escalating nicely!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#13 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

First we had the news that Hock had been thrown out of the squad and Graham had been left out of the Australia game because of unsanctioned late-night boozing, now Zak Hardaker is gone for similar reasons apparently. Are these players unable to carry their club rules into the England set-up? I'm sue that drunkenness and late nights are not allowed at Super League clubs.

If these idiots ever get selected again it will be too soon for me.

Unfortunately I was never good enough to play the game but had I had the chance it would have been grasped with both hands and I would have been proud to wear the England shirt for real!

Shame on every one of them!

Pugwash.

And youve just signed Casey Mayberry?

#14 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:32 AM

Pugwash.

And youve just signed Casey Mayberry

#15 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

Not a player I have any fondness for but I'm not the coach and I don't believe in ham-stringing the guy by making a great deal of it. We'll all have to 'Suck it and see' I suppose as far as this one's concerned.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#16 SPOTLANDHORNET

SPOTLANDHORNET
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

Two faced

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users