TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Steve Prescott

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

Sad sad news that he has passed away

A true inspiration.

RIP
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#2 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

RIP Steve.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#3 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

Very sad news. If ever a man showed a fighting spirit it was Steve Prescott. I hope all the WC games recognise his contribution to RL.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#4 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

RIP Steve Prescott - now get that Man of Steel award named in his honour.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

Absolute no brainer RFL ... doesn't take any thinking or voting over

#6 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

Words can't describe such bravery and humanity as that shown by Steve Prescott - What else could describe a 'man of steel' - surviving a terminal illness all this time and unselfishly giving up his remaining time to raising funds for numerous worthy causes - also a fantastic rugby player. Is there a national petition?

#7 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

I think there is an online petition on loverugbyleague.com.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users