Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Elimination Semi Final - Video

thatto heath west hull

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 terryg

terryg
  • Coach
  • 572 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

Highlights

Full Match, 

Edited by terryg, 10 November 2013 - 10:28 PM.

#2 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Interesting one here - just got around to timing the 2nd half of the match stopping the clock every time the referee did and restarting it as he did and the actual time played in the 2nd half was 37:17.

Anybody think of a course of action we could take?  :rtfm:

Had a feeling about this at the time as we had someone on the sideline timing it and you can clearly hear someone say at the end of the video that there was 2 and a half mins left. Fair play to West Hull to win away at Lock Lane, Thatto and then the final is a great effort but maybe if we were as morally bankrupt as they are then we would have had another appealed and created another farce.

I have always liked the playoffs personally and maybe it is the disappointment of finishing top and not making the GF but from speaking to other people - and i'm beginning to agree - I get the feeling that the sway of opinion now is to move away from them. They are citing the length of the season among other factors as a reason for ditching them. On that point I'd certainly agree as lads are starting pre-season at the beginning of January if not before and playing through to the middle of November, training twice a week and playing once on top of the numerous gym sessions they have to do off their own back - just to be able to compete at NCL level. I'm not sure if getting rid of the playoffs is the right thing to do but I think that now would be the right time to put a discussion on the table about it.

As I say it might just be the disappointment talking on my part but what are everyone else's opinions?

Edited by thestatman, 17 November 2013 - 06:56 PM.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#3 Barrybeagle

Barrybeagle
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

Statman you are spot on the play offs should be scrapped the season is long enough. It's a copy of the pro game which the amateurs do not need. You finish top you've won it end of.
Also within the NCL there is no consistency the premier have play offs the other divisions don't they should be the same finish to the season which ever division you play in play off or no play off.

#4 legend killer

legend killer
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

You should have done what west hull did to force a replay, ring up the league and threaten them with legal action if they didn't replay the game,
This fact only came out after the appeal had been heard,
The source of the info also sat on panel who ordered a replay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users