Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Vossy quotes

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#21 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:42 AM

give him a few weeks. He'll say something against your team and you'll turn in him.

He should really try something different.  I wonder if he's thought about a chip over the top.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#22 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:44 AM

"That'll knock a jacket potato out of you ..."

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VA7O9FSJomU

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#23 StixRooster

StixRooster
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:29 AM

He's genius, even got the better half chuckling in games she's moaning about me watching

Other opinions found on Twitter @stixrooster

#24 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

In the NZ v Samoa game I loved when Mose Masoe took a big hit up and Vossy came out with "Big Mose Masoe there. You wouldn't want to pick up his pastry bill!"

#25 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

He's genius, even got the better half chuckling in games she's moaning about me watching

Same here, inexplicably she has no interest in RL but even she was chuckling at something he said last week!

#26 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,919 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

His humour is infectious and there is a warmth and enjoyment to his commentary that makes it easy to listen to.

"Lets call him Wellington Albert the fourth......"

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#27 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

I love this thread by the way, Ive missed some of these comments but they are all hilarious. As others have pointed out, he gets them in without detracting from the game and always focuses on the positive. He brings a genuine enthusiasm to the game, whether its a tight game or a 50 point blow out, that draws you in and you cant stop watching.

#28 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

How many curries has he had this week?  I think we should be told, oh hang on we have.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#29 StixRooster

StixRooster
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

Might not be quite right, but in the Tonga game yesterday, (one of) their big lads got a nose bleed and they shoved two wads of wrapping up his nose

"If you see him in the pub in town tonight, buy him a pint, you'll not have any problem recognising him"

#30 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,666 posts

How many curries has he had this week?  I think we should be told, oh hang on we have.

Makes me glad I don't have to share a commentary booth with him put it that way.  :bad:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#31 StixRooster

StixRooster
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

If you follow him on twitter by the way, there's even more entertainment to be had!

#32 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

in the NZ v samoa game "when masoe and kasiano come together they are the size of a small country"
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#33 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

" the players are going in for a cuddle or as some of us call it a scrum"

Ireland v Australia!

#34 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

On Saturday in Ireland.

" Phil Bentham's just given a Differential penalty "

" You Bl**dy beauty Mr Bentham" !!

#35 Human Punk

Human Punk
  • Coach
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

Without wanting to create a big love-in, he has been brilliant so far. He even made Halifax sound like a great place to be.

If he can do that, then he could make London v Salford on a Monday night sound better than a Polish sausage from the 3 Pigeons.

#36 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

"If you come to England and you don't like the weather, tough t-tties"

It's time to park the camels.

#37 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,813 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

Whilst I have really liked him, I made the similar point on the Brian Noble thread - why do Rugby League commentators have to try and be funny?

Apart from Ray French, who is a terrible commentator, we have always had commentators who play it for laughs.

Why can't we get sensible commentators with intellectual analysis.

Voss has been perfect for the World Cup - it is like he is on tour and is loving it and his enthusiasm and passion is clearly there, I'm not sure whether this would work twice a week in the regular season.

#38 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 969 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

On Saturday in Ireland.

" Phil Bentham's just given a Differential penalty "

" You Bl**dy beauty Mr Bentham" !!

Was that the scrum penalty? Vossy then went on to say it was like 1972 all over again and how brilliant it was!

#39 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,115 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

Why can't we get sensible commentators with intellectual analysis.

No one can analyse Silverwood's decisions intellectually. As for Ganson, you'd have been better off with someone with a background in improv theatre.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#40 Phil Rouge

Phil Rouge
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

I think it was about Mose Masoe, he said something like "he's only made 11 tackles during the match, but every one's registered on the Richter Scale"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users