TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

11/11/13 - World Cup Match 21: France v Samoa

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. France by 13 points or more (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. France by 7 to 12 points (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

3. France by 1 to 6 points (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

4. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Samoa by 1 to 6 points (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

6. Samoa by 7 to 12 points (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

7. Samoa by 13 points or more (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

Who would you rather England play next week?

I'd prefer them to play Samoa, as it I'll be a tougher hit-out, and prepare them better for the likely semi v NZ the following week. With all due respect to France, I don't expect them to challenge England too much, which isn't ideal prep for the following week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

Samoa as I'd like France to win tomorrow and go on to make the semi.
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#3 ELBOWSEYE

ELBOWSEYE
  • Coach
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

on purely selfish reasons I hope Samoa play Fiji as I have tickets for what could be the game of the tournament.

#4 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

I'd rather us play France. Getting through is the most important thing. Samoa could potentially physically batter us, if Samoa get through to the semi against Aus I think they will give Aus something to think about. Plus Fiji v Samoa will be game of the tournament IMO.

#5 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

I'd really like to see Samoa and Fiji! I reckon the atmosphere at HJ will be amazing for that one.

England vs France in front of 25,000 at DW would do wonders for the image of European international RL. If only we can get a similar crowd next time we play them (and not shove it in a small stadium because we've no bottle to push it as a big event).
Posted Image

#6 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

Samoa as I'd like France to win tomorrow and go on to make the semi.

Franve have two chances  chances of beating Samoa. Extremely slim and nil. You heard it here.

#7 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

Fiji v Samoa  could be just as good a game as NZ v Samoa and that was a epic !

#8 SamG

SamG
  • Coach
  • 296 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

For the good of the tournament Samoa and Fiji have to be at HJ to sell it out. But for the good of England we have to play Samoa to maintain intensity, which Will be the advantage over NZ in the semi. They have shown to struggle when teams match up to them, although in fairness they didn't allow anyone to for the first 20 minutes in all games so far

#9 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Fiji v Samoa and England v France. The former because it'll be a great game at Warrington and the latter because it's almost an annual fixture that hasn't happened yet in 2013, and France are a bit pants...

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#10 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

France as Samoa could beat us France wont

#11 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

No brainer for me, i want us to play france as it gives us an easier route to the next round. If it was your club in the cc you would want the easiest draw every week.
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

#12 wirecab

wirecab
  • Coach
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

I'd rather us play France. Getting through is the most important thing. Samoa could potentially physically batter us, if Samoa get through to the semi against Aus I think they will give Aus something to think about. Plus Fiji v Samoa will be game of the tournament IMO.

100% agree- we can't afford injuries before NZ. Plus if Samoa could put the 20mins together, that they did in the second half against NZ, for the full 80 then they could really give Oz a run (in my dreams!!)

#13 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

on purely selfish reasons I hope Samoa play Fiji as I have tickets for what could be the game of the tournament.

I'm with you 100% on that on for exactly the same reason (I have tickets to the 1/4 final). Have quietly been keeping my fingers crossed ...

...although I also want France to win tomorrow - they could do with it.

#14 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

I thought I'd already started a match thread for this game last week, but as I can't find one now, I must have forgotten! So, I've tweaked the original title of this thread which is already discussing the game, pinned it and added the usual poll as well.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#15 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

Travelling down more in hope than expectation. Lovely sunny day today after rain and gales yesterday. What with another full house heady days in these parts. Ive just seen far too many matches over here with so few takers that today and last week makes it seem surreal.Brutus bursting at the seems should be great. Just hope the Tricolors can put in a performance worthy of the occaision. Skipper Elima out injured with Pelissier, Greenshield and Barthau returning;also place on bench for Gigot and a bit surprised that Fages not retained.In 1995 in Cardiff the Samoans rattled up 50 plus against the French while in Oz in 2008 it was 42-10 so the Bleus have some catching up to do. Fingers crossed.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#16 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

I went to the 2008 game in Penrith on a beautiful evening in the shadow of the Blue Mountains. Had watched England implode against the Kiwis the previous night. A fantastic evening made that memory more distant, happily.
Am hoping against hope that the French put on a wonderful show. A heroic defeat may be the most we can hope for, but they do have some good players in tenor ranks.
England will beat whichever goes through.

#17 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,859 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

A few slightly oxymoronic posts on here. We'd like to play Samoa because they could beat us but France couldn't? Well, if we were playing Samoa it would be because France had beaten Samoa, so surely in that instance France would have shown they were capable?

Anyway, come on France.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#18 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Remember kick off's 7pm GMT so you'll have to tape The One Show tonight.
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#19 StixRooster

StixRooster
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

Remember kick off's 7pm GMT so you'll have to tape The One Show tonight.

Try telling her indoors! I'll be taping the match...

Other opinions found on Twitter @stixrooster

#20 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

France as Samoa could beat us France wont

But Samoa wouldn't beat us. We are 20 points plus better than they are. Brute force won't beat us.
That said, I'll be shouting for them against the Aussies in the semi and will persuade myself they stand a chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users